Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Long live the (vampire) king  (Read 2398 times)

buzz killington

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Long live the (vampire) king
« on: May 09, 2012, 08:02:12 am »

So my king is a vampire and his queen is a necromancer.  Apparently well-fed, as he had no entourage. 

Should I just fill his bedroom with shinies and lock the door?

Iceflame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Long live the (vampire) king
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 08:18:04 am »

You may also wall the door and fill his bedroom with an all-purpose problem-solver.

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 09:17:01 am »

This is my king.

And yes, i have an area where the goblins come from called Thiefworld, best name evar.
26k dwarves har.

He started "doing his thing" pretty quick...

And if i check his updated kills screen it even shows me the guy above he killed :D despite his feeble attempts to blame another.
Start Duelyst with a bonus 100gold, use referral code: Buttfungus
Enter during signup or ingame under Settings.

lucusLoC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 12:26:22 pm »

yeah, vampires almost always report themselves this way i think. when i check the justice screen for vamp kills there is almost always (well, always that i have seen) one and only one witness, which is always the vamp. nice to know it also reports on the kill list as well.
Quantum dumps are proof of "memory" being a perfectly normal dimension in DF. ~Gazz

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2012, 12:27:23 pm »

I don't know, if the king accused some guy, I'd probably punish the guy that was accused.  He's the vampire king after all.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

buzz killington

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2012, 12:50:19 pm »

Pure awesomeness - he drained the queen consort necromancer right after they arrived.

Friendstrange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2012, 01:13:16 pm »

Pure awesomeness - he drained the queen consort necromancer right after they arrived.
Oh wow.

Would the corpses raised by your queen be allied to you or would they just be "kill everything" undead?

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2012, 02:12:31 pm »

Please Please PLEASE post the world. I've spent a good part of two days genning worlds to get this result to no avail :(.  I would name a first-born after you if you could give me such a world via dffd. 
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Rage Machine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2012, 09:37:59 pm »

is it possible to make ur king go out and fight? if so it might be worth it. also i suggest you set up a burrow system so the most useless dorfs are living near your vampire king.

could solve 2 problems right there, im yet to have a fortress with a lack or potash makers.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2012, 09:41:47 pm »

Oh wow.

Would the corpses raised by your queen be allied to you or would they just be "kill everything" undead?

Undead are always kill everything.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2012, 09:44:51 pm »

Oh wow.

Undead have the [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] tag/token, so yeah, they'll kill anything in sight. Not including the queen, of course.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Friendstrange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2012, 01:09:41 am »

Undead are always kill everything.
But of course.

Undead have the [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] tag/token, so yeah, they'll kill anything in sight. Not including the queen, of course.
Ive had a dragon corpse that I raised incinerate me in arena mode so Im not so sure the queen would be very safe.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2012, 02:28:19 am »

Oh wow.
Or the vampire king since vampires are considered "undead".
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.