Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50]

Author Topic: Roll to Be a Gentleman Spy - Chapter Three Part Twenty One.  (Read 74763 times)

areyoua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be a Gentleman Spy - Chapter Three Part Twenty.
« Reply #735 on: April 17, 2012, 05:26:11 pm »

I think I must call the Ghostbusters...

Wear smashing coat as turban to stop bleeding and still be able to see. Then go help McGeenyton get his guts back in his stomach.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: April 23, 2012, 07:05:08 am »

I'm not sure what happened at all. So, errh, Rejoin the others?
Love, scriver~

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: May 06, 2012, 11:58:10 am »

Bumpety Bump. Don't die, please. :(

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: May 06, 2012, 08:07:41 pm »

Attempt to persuade vikings to show some hospitality to my injured friends.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Be a Gentleman Spy - Chapter Three Part Twenty One.
« Reply #739 on: May 08, 2012, 10:01:17 am »

Early evening, Wednesday 10th April, 1906.

Wear smashing coat as turban to stop bleeding and still be able to see. Then go help McGeenyton get his guts back in his stomach.

Standing at the junction of dank dark corridors, the four gentlemen regroup. The ground is slick with blood and the air thick with the smell of mould and reindeer droppings; the dimly torch-lit corridors head off in various directions, their destinations marked only by signs written in Viking under the more easily decipherable numbers 1, 2, 3 and 4. Behind them lies nothing but freedom, safety, and the wreckage of noble duelling.

Mr Smith is bleeding moderately from the forehead – but fear not! The brave American has a smashing coat, and in-depth knowledge of the artistry involved in the application of turbans! ...Whilst somehow remaining clothed for once, the good chap removes his smashing coat and wraps it about his head, stopping the bleeding and, in the process, pulling off a passable impression of a Russian.

He walks over to Mr McGeenyton and his steam-powered robospider suit.

See if this thing can do any medical shit. If not, attempt to self-diagnose. At least put my guts back inside my stomach.

“Blaft!” shouts Mr McGeenyton, through his bruised mouth. “Blaft and boffer, my damnable guts are falling out!” he accurately diagnoses as Mr Smith approaches. “I fay, could you possibly give me a hand replacing my guts? They appear to have fallen out.”

“I say, McGeenyton. Terribly careless of you, what?”

“I know. I er… I seem to be bleeding a little, too. And I’m not quite sure how, but some blighter’s broken my ruddy arm.”

As McGeenyton starts fumbling about with his guts using his seven remaining mechanical spido-arms, Mr Smith leans in low to examine the grisly damage.

“Let’s see what we can do… I say! Did you know there appears to be some kind of button on the outside of your suit? With some kind of green cross symbol on it? Why don’t we try pressing that? Can’t do any harm, eh what?”

Mr Smith lunges forward, pressing the pharmaceutical symbol on the outside of McGeenyton’s suit as he does so!

...A tremendous whirring commences from deep within the metallic confines of the monstrous robosuit, and suddenly Mr McGeenyton’s vision is hindered by a burst of brilliant white bandages shot endlessly into the cockpit area. They wrap themselves around the Englishman’s head, stifling the bleeding and mildly obscuring his vision! His gut-fumbling is interrupted as the spidersuit takes control of itself, scuttling over to where its severed eighth arm lies alone and battered, picking it up, and thrusting it through the bleeding exposed gut-wound!

A searing burst of heat shoots through the severed arm, and Mr Smith recoils in horror as dribbles of molten steel drip out of McGeenyton’s exposed intestines! McGeenyton winces in slight discomfort as the liquid metal runs up his guts and down his pants, quickly solidifying and forming an impenetrable armoured barrier around his guts and groin!

Seconds before the mildly inconvenienced McGeenyton passes out from the pain, a loud pssshhh! is heard, and medicinal brandy is hosed into the internal areas of the suit. Meeting the white hot metal around McGeenyton’s groin, it instantly vaporises, and just as instantly is absorbed into the slightly corpulent gentleman’s slightly corpulent guts.

Feeling rather revived, McGeenyton looks down amongst the rolls of bandages in his glass bowl of a cockpit. It appears to be filling with medicinal brandy!

Deciding not to drown, he gulps it down as fast as he can!

Item Acquired: McGeenyton: Groin of Steel

State Acquired: McGeenyton: Rather Drunk

Attempt to persuade Vikings to show some hospitality to my injured friends.

Mr William Wellington is a man of great compassion; his mind is filled with concern at the fate of his injured companions.

“What,” he realises, in a flash, “Is needed, in this situation, is a Viking. There are none about, so I shall set off on a search for some. But I shall be careful. One never can tell with Vikings. Aha! There’s one! Remarkably well dressed though, one has to say. Only got one eye, the poor chap. Oh well, I’m sure if I speak loudly and clearly he’ll get the gist.”

...Having spotted an approaching Scandinavian, Wellington approaches von Fersen, for it is he, and wonders aloud whether he might not be possibly interested in providing some kind of medical assistance, or, at the very least, tea-based hospitality for the Englishman’s wounded friends, who, it must be pointed out, include von Fersen himself.

“… and MAYBE SOME TEA PLEASE MY GOOD SIR,” the valiant Englishman concludes. The slow pace and loud voice appears to have done the trick!

Alas! Sir August von Fersen appears lost in a world of elves and ponies, skitting and dancing, and he merely stares at Mr Wellington with a slight look of mild bemusement wandering across his handsome features!

Rejoin the others?

...August von Fersen, the noble young Swede, is keen to rejoin his companions. Leaping like a skittish pony, he leaves them and dashes off to hide behind a nearby stone pillar out of sight, and crouches down with his hands over his eyes.

It seems… by Jove, yes! He’s counting to himself! Suddenly he jumps to his feet and strolls the short distance from the pillar back to his fellow gentlemen. He looks particularly pleased with himself. What the blazes is this fellow Wellington blathering on about? The poor chap seems to have lost his mind. Von Fersen’s father was once forced into speaking with a commoner – and he recalls the anecdote as if it had been recounted yesterday, for his father’s pained grimace is still etched deep in his memory – and advised that the best solution for talking to those of simple minds and even simpler education is to talk slowly and loudly.

“NO THANK YOU WELLINGTON MY DEAR FELLOW. I’M NOT SURE WE HAVE A BUTLER AVAILABLE AT PRESENT, BUT IT’S TERRIBLY KIND OF YOU EH WHAT.”

”WHAT?”

”I… OH, NEVER MIND OLD CHAP. I’D BE DELIGHTED.”

…   …   …   …   …   …

Item Acquired! Mr McGeenyton: A Promise to Acquire Two New Suits! (seven turns remaining)

Current Gentlemen
Spoiler: areyoua; Winston Smith (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Geen; Henry McGeenyton (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be a Gentleman Spy - Chapter Three Part Twenty One.
« Reply #740 on: May 08, 2012, 12:48:00 pm »

Mmm... Booze.
See if I can loot a pair of suits off all these dead chaps.

areyoua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: May 08, 2012, 05:47:07 pm »

Clearly, we must split up again!

Advise my compatriots to each take a path, I personally will take path 2, talking with a Russian accent to throw off any dastardly villains.

I like the Gentlemanlyness Boost idea as it's always amusing to see massive failures.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 05:41:54 pm by areyoua »

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: May 15, 2012, 02:17:44 am »

I will start writing the next turn once I have done Turn 18 of The Magnificent Timelord, autoing where necessary.

Edit: Well, I guess half the players and the GM at least partly losing interest is a good reason to lock this. Terribly sorry chaps, it was my first RtD and I enjoyed running it up to this point.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 06:42:22 am by lawastooshort »
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50]