Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Companions Not Joining  (Read 2298 times)

Lucelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
Companions Not Joining
« on: May 04, 2012, 06:48:27 pm »

Alright, I've been playing this game for almost two years now and have NEVER come across something like this. Playing as an adventurer, I go to a stronghold/fortress and find a soldier (spearman, axeman, maceman, etc.) and ask them to join me. Que "Ha! such enthusiasm for one such as yourself!". Now, every other single time I have ever asked a soldier in a fortress to join me, they always agree to unless I have max companions. I have never ever seen this and want to know what the hell is going on. I've tried this same thing on multiple characters, across different worlds, also upping their social awareness skills. And the soldiers in question are of the same civ, so I have no clue what is wrong. Could a tag in an entity or creature file be causing this, or perhaps a worldgen error?
Lucelle Weapons and Armour adds in tons of historical weapons and armour from a variety of different cultures

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Companions Not Joining
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 08:00:32 pm »

They now laugh at you if you suck. No more Bow-masters joining a novice, you must be BETTER then them now. Or hyper-famous.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

eltheon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 10:09:08 pm »

yea no soldiers dont join peasants anymore i mean how fair is that you get 2 soldiers and go raid a bandit camp and dont even touch them

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2012, 05:27:39 am »

Good luck trying to recruit distinguished historical figures without a decent level of fame.