Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I'm a Peasant.  (Read 1551 times)

I'm a Peasant.
« on: May 01, 2012, 09:43:51 pm »

I'm bored, so I think I will be a peasant.

What Attributes/Skills should I start with? Keep in mind, I'm a peasant.

eltheon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I'm a Peasant.
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 09:45:27 pm »

think short term because you will die

eltheon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 09:46:49 pm »

If your going to play peasnt id go all strength then poor it all in swordsman then find a vampire anyway good luck
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 10:13:50 pm »

think short term because you will die

The same can be said of a DemiGod. ;)

eltheon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 11:06:47 pm »

id like to restate my vampire idea dont worry about aglity because for some reason no matter what ur speed is reduced or raised to like 1200+

friendguy13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012, 11:47:48 pm »

I say max agility and dodging.
I find it funny that until now, no one (including myself) stopped to consider the absurdity of a submarine in which the crew cabin is filled with water and the crew is drowning when everything is working properly.

eltheon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2012, 11:50:22 pm »

I say max agility and dodging.
that wont get you far if you go mac strength you can do massive damage -if he gets vampire early- dodge will only get you no where because it works both ways you sink all your points into dodgeing then you loose out on weopen skill its a double edged sword your swinging there
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2012, 01:49:17 am »

My peasant had a snowball fight with a band of Kobolds. And won.

"The spinning snow strikes the Kobold Ringleader in the head, shattering the bone, bruising the muscle, and tearing apart the upper spine's nervous system!"

...Yeah... There was probably a rock underneath all the snow. :D

Oh... Did I mention I picked Elf as my race? >:L
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 05:52:33 am by TheCoolSideofthePIllow »

Hylas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2012, 10:37:31 am »

Depends of how you'll be playing. If you're going to wrestle groundhogs, lay down and let them attack you, grind stealth, macro-knap-throw, I'd say put everything into a weapon skill because most of the other skills are easy(er) to powerlevel. In this case starting as a peasant only really means that it'll take you slightly longer before everything is at legendary.

If you're going to play 'straight' but without other restrictions, put it all in stealth and throwing and chuck rocks at dragons till they die.

If you actually want to have fun, get a selection of physical attributes + spatial & kinesthesic sense, a melee weapon skill and a few levels in armor/shield/dodger. Since stuff costs more to raise the more you raise it, you're probably better off getting lots of stuff a low levels than one or two at a high-ish level.

Hamsmagoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2012, 01:34:32 pm »

Be a street urchin.  See how long you can survive just staying local and sneaking around, stealing food.

I did that once.  provided for some short-term amusement.  I eventually became public enemy #1 when I decided it was a good idea to slaughter a stray cat and eat it.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2012, 03:22:25 pm »

Be a street urchin.  See how long you can survive just staying local and sneaking around, stealing food.

I did that once.  provided for some short-term amusement.  I eventually became public enemy #1 when I decided it was a good idea to slaughter a stray cat and eat it.

A really, really long time.  You'll die of boredom first.

Every town has food bags with hundreds of food in them, and they don't consider it stealing to walk into someone's house, rummage through their belongings, take all their food, or even sleep in a bed if nobody's actually watching, and even if they are, you can still take their bed if you ask first.

So basically, Legend of Zelda style RPG rules where it's totally cool to trash their pottery for a stray rupee. 
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2012, 04:26:05 pm »

So basically, Legend of Zelda style RPG rules where it's totally cool to trash their pottery for a stray rupee.

Just don't touch the chickens.

Hamsmagoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2012, 07:16:09 pm »

Well at least you can roleplay like you're stealing the food.  lol.