Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ogre cage trap.  (Read 531 times)

RealFear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Ogre cage trap.
« on: June 30, 2012, 07:39:28 pm »

Ok, so i'm trying to set up a Trap where a pressure plate is activated, which then proceeds to unleash, in this case at least, a blind cave ogre, which will either kill, or hold off an enemy long enough for my military to arrive.

This is a image of my first trap that i gave set up, with a pressure plate that just happened to blink out when the image was taken.
The problem is, this happened by just luck, the Ogre was in the cage as it was built. But I also want one out near my enterance, but if i try to get a ogre assigned to the cage, instead of being a nice blind abomination, he attempts to decorate the area around my cage with a nice paint job consisting of the color red.
Anybody know a safe way to transport specific hostile creatures to a specific area? Or, if noticed, object to the plausibility of this plan?
It's a reverse hostage situation, if you kill the snatchers they'll fill your fort with babies.

Friendstrange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ogre cage trap.
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2012, 10:08:53 pm »

1. Make pasageway with cage trap that is the only way out.
2. Release the ogre, capture it.
3. Construct the cage with the ogre where you want it.

Just use the silk farm setup, only without the fortifications or a placer where to spray silk.

The only thing I would object to this is that there should be not one but five cave ogres. Five times the fun.

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
Re: Ogre cage trap.
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 01:10:01 am »

The problem is, this happened by just luck, the Ogre was in the cage as it was built. But I also want one out near my enterance, but if i try to get a ogre assigned to the cage, instead of being a nice blind abomination, he attempts to decorate the area around my cage with a nice paint job consisting of the color red.
Anybody know a safe way to transport specific hostile creatures to a specific area? Or, if noticed, object to the plausibility of this plan?

If you already have an ogre in a cage, you can choose to build the ogre cage near the entrance rather than transferring the ogre. Press "x" to expand the list of cages and choose the right one.