Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: DF's Creed  (Read 735 times)

Nanoo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
DF's Creed
« on: May 04, 2012, 07:09:46 am »

So most people probably know the Rifleman's Creed, used by the US Marine Corps. I was thinking of that and realized the awesome potential for DF. So I just had to stop lurking these forums and actually register. Enjoy! Also, this will work so well for the fort I'm about to start  :D

This is my fortress. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

My fortress is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.

My fortress, without me, is useless. Without my fortress, I am useless. I must order my fortress true. I must command straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must order squads on him before he shoots me. I will...

My fortress and myself know that what counts in this war is not the bolts we fire, the noise of our ballista, or the smoke we make. We know that it is the hits that count. We will hit...

My fortress is dwarven, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its laborers, its militia, its nobles and its farmers. I will keep my fortress clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other. We will...

Before the Allfather, I swear this creed. My fortress and myself are the defenders of my civilization. We are the masters of our enemy. We are the saviors of my life.

So be it, until victory is Dwarves' and there is no enemy, but peace!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: DF's Creed
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 01:47:48 pm »

I must master it as I must master my life.

Unrelenting and uncontrolled chaos. Perfect default organization.

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF's Creed
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 02:01:16 pm »

not Allfather.... ARMOK!
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku