Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Double Fine Humble Bundle  (Read 2331 times)

Rift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Double Fine Humble Bundle
« on: May 07, 2013, 02:13:17 pm »

https://www.humblebundle.com/

New Humble bundle is up.
Featuring:

Costume Quest

Psychonauts

Stacking

Brutal Legend [pay above average]

Broken Age - D.F.A. Kickstarter [documentary+game] pay $35

[A T-Shirt ?!? at $70]

PC/Linux/Mac DRM free as usual. [Download through them and/or steam-keys]
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 02:17:48 pm by Rift »

Ameablable

• Bay Watcher
  • Amy Bull Able
    • View Profile
Re: Double Fine Humble Bundle
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 02:18:47 pm »

szweet

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 02:22:59 pm »

Picked it up, was about to post about it. Anyone have anything to say about any of the games? I've never played any of them and don't know where to start!
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2013, 02:24:19 pm »

All of them, with maybe an exception for Brutal Legend, rule. Especially psychonauts, play that one first. I'd get it but I already own three of them.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2013, 02:27:30 pm »

All of them, with maybe an exception for Brutal Legend, rule. Especially psychonauts, play that one first. I'd get it but I already own three of them.

Alright, will go for that one first.

Except, maybe in a few days. "Warning: This file is large" is pretty cute, lets you know that the file is too large to fit on a FAT32 file system.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Meta

• Bay Watcher
  • Aka Maunoir. French Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2013, 02:27:31 pm »

It's just like rabidgam3r said.

Psychonauts is just an awesome game, Stacking and Costume Quest are nice "little" games, and Brütal Legend is known for its originality. This bundle is obviously a really great one. Buy it if you don't own these excellent games. :)
Generalized Godwin’s Law: "Every discussion within an online community converges to a zero-information signal characterized by empty assertions concerning the foundational dichotomy of that community."

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2013, 05:32:22 pm »

I have Psychonauts and Jack Black The Video Game doesn't interest me. I may wait to see what else pops up and split everything 0% dev 100% all else.

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2013, 05:40:51 pm »

Brutal Legend was an 'ok' game that could have been good but ended up swapping the entire gameplay around and not even doing great at that.  Meh.

Psychonauts though, is of course, great... though already have it, twice, now.  And of course, 35 for the adventure game seems a bit... much, to me anyway.

Threw 2$ in for stacking/costume quest, surely will get a bit of enjoyment out of one or the other.
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2013, 06:17:22 pm »

Well, I got it. Naturally, now Steam isn't letting me online.  ::)
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2013, 08:38:58 pm »

I've played all of these games unfortunately. Though I am interested in their next big adventure game, it looks really interesting, and is typically the kind of horse I feel confident about backing, though of course you can preorder for 15$ at their main site so...

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2013, 08:54:18 am »

Sigh, I already have Psychonauts and Brutal Legend, but I want Costume Quest and Stacking...

If I get this anyone want the Keys for the two I already have???
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2013, 09:04:24 am »

I would like a copy of Psychonauts, but I was under the impression you can't share separate keys anymore?
Really???
Dang...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2013, 12:57:19 pm »

Costume Quest, Psychonauts and Stacking are one key, Brutal Legend is its own key.

Speaking of Brutal Legend... it seems pretty cool, but once I got out into the open world section of the game the framerate got consistently very poor (and I had to turn the settings down earlier too). I can run Far Cry 3 with the draw distance cranked up, 4x AA and SSAO on in 1920x1080 and it runs smooth. However, turning all that stuff off, including shadows, in Brutal Legend still yields a poor framerate. Is there something I'm missing?

Edit: Deerrrrrrp. Apparently, my computer decided that the best default setting was to run the game on the Intel Integrated 4000 GPU instead of my pretty decent Nvidia mobile card. That could explain some things.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2013, 12:54:24 pm »

A bunch of prototypes got added. Spacebase DF-9 seems good for a lark.