Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: My bolts! NOOOO!  (Read 4009 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: My bolts! NOOOO!
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2012, 07:22:16 am »

Scary stuff. They don't bring candy sadly :(
How do you know?! Have you done the unholy and killed dwarves in fair combat?!
Back in .31, I ran a human fortress. It was all nice and well, in the courtyard my humans were sparring and learning the way of the sword. A beekeeper happily made mead for all, farmers weaved beautiful cloth crafts as masons created the most wonderful of furniture for all to be had, and all were happy.

/hey presto Dwarves

Bowmen line the battlements, taking down a few of the marksdwarves before the axedwarves begin knocking bolts out of the sky. The swordsdwarves and axedwarves engage at the gates - the well trained swordsmen coming out victorious with some casualties.

A group of macedwarves with copper maces enter trances, and begin killing everything.

Twangykid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2012, 07:28:00 am »

Yeah, I have pretty much the same thing, except kobolds are small, smaller than dwarves, meaning melee combat will be a definate loss for me. Therefore, thousands of archers. I am NOT looking forward to dwarf sieges.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 07:30:07 am by Twangykid »

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Rarely posting anymore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2012, 01:14:12 pm »

At least everyone died.
Quote from: a Swedish electronics teacher
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2012, 01:39:36 pm »

If you think rhesus macaques making one of your kobolds go insane is bad, wait until you have gray langurs run in and steal most of your charcoal. While playing with a creature that can't chop down trees. Damn monkeys.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2012, 02:46:23 pm »

Elves? pfft, for some reason, I'm at war with EVERY civ!
Do dwarves siege? Oh god I hope they don't bring the magma cannon/HFS with them.

Edit: Also I expected you to be the first to post.
Kobolds steal stuff. Magma cannons are immoble. HFS is omnicidal neutral, and not really worried about in worldgen. All you need to worry about is steel axedwarves turning your leather-armed militia into ribbons. (Admittedly, that's a majorconcern.)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 [2]