Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ankhet - an innovative role-playing game  (Read 1660 times)

claes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Ankhet - an innovative role-playing game
« on: March 15, 2013, 11:07:34 pm »

An ancient priestess regards you for a moment with weary eyes. "Once we were many... Now, the servants of Amin have been defeated and the shadow of the Apep looms upon us. Where once one could scarcely count the Domin­ion­s, now there is but one. We are the last. But know this! Those gods who have survived the serpent’s treachery are with us. They beckon us to take up arms and stand against the darkness. It will not be easy. It will require both courage and cunning. But no matter, for now is the time! Beyond the walls of this Final Dominion awaits a world in dire need of heroes and heroines. Destiny has led you to this place, my friend. Will you now follow it further?"

http://www.ankhet.com/

Ankhet is based in part on code from the old bbs game Pyroto Mountain, and written and coded by ex-players of Pyroto.  Up until now I have spent more hours playing Ankhet than any other game, ever.  At the moment it needs some support, and I thought I would spread the word.  It is a text based mmorpg and free, and easily the most amazing game I have played online.  I met my girlfriend on Ankhet, and have made other multiple lifetime friends.  In addition to pvp and permadeath, Ankhet has an extensive back-story, many many equippable items and detailed quest-lines and interesting forums.  Enjoy ;)

from ankhet.com

Ankhet is an innovative role-playing game set amidst a world of ancient Egyptian fantasy. Will you test your wisdom against the sphinxes or your might against darker foes? Will you stand with the gods or against them? It’s all up to you, but remember always that each path leads to but a single Ankhet. Begin your journey today. Become a "Disciple" and explore Ankhet, a vivid and unique world of mystery, intrigue, trivia, and adventure.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
Re: Ankhet - an innovative role-playing game
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 11:09:54 pm »

Keep in mind, advertising for something on the forums as an Escaped Lunatic is a good way to get people to dislike you.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

claes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 11:25:27 pm »

I was less trying to advertise than I was trying to contribute... I am a player not a dev.  But I understand.  I wish there was a way to delete my post than, so that I could post it later as an established forum member, so that the thread at least gets some attention.  I hope it doesn't suffer because of my ineptitude lol ;)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 11:46:09 pm »

Honestly, people are usually pretty forgiving if you stay active, answer questions, stuff like that. It's when people make an account just long enough to advertise a game and never show up again that gets stuff deleted :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2013, 11:49:04 pm »

Yeah, I dont see a problem if the poster stays around and remains active in the discussion.

I have never plaed a BBS game before (mostly because they were popular before I was born), but I have plaed Text-based games. Soooo... what makes it innovative as a role-playing game?

I think if you gave a description on what differs the game from other games it may attract more attention.
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

claes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2013, 08:00:17 am »

Back as a Bay Watcher, and sticking with these forums for the long haul.  I really enjoy the sense of community that exists within these forums ;)

What sets Ankhet apart for me is the potential for intrigue amongst the dominions and the pvp amongst individual players.  When I joined about a year and a half ago it was right in the middle of a major dominion war and it was a wasteland; a warzone, everyone was affected by the fallout from the war between these two major dominions.  The game, as it exists now, has the potential for something great.  I miss the days of heightened activity though, and desperately wish that there were more players who can pick up on the scale of what is possible given the mechanics that the game allows, but there has been a lack of activity lately and new sign-ups are at a low point.  The game, as it is, will sink or swim on  its own.

I also like the players.  As I mentioned before, I have met some of the most interesting people I have ever met through Ankhet.  It changed my life.  Time will tell whether it succeeds or not.

I'll be around here, as I said, for the long haul.  This, too, is an amazing community that dazzles me when I read through the forums.  I wasn't sure where to begin, but this forum is very active and I look forward to contributing however I can.