Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarfy Minecart Idea  (Read 988 times)

Vic Romano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarfy Minecart Idea
« on: May 10, 2012, 12:07:49 am »

Let me know if anyone has come up with this already, but I think the first thing i'll be making when the new release drops is a fort that is accessible only through minecart jumps.  Like some sort of central station that can send and receive minecarts, taking dwarves into the wilderness or back to the fort rapidly.

also, here is a picture of a very cute dwarf... hamster
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Uristocrat

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Railgunner
    • View Profile
    • DF Wiki User Page
Re: Dwarfy Minecart Idea
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 01:19:23 am »

That's very clever.  You could use minecart rail jumps to let dwarves in while keeping invaders out.  You might have a lot of pathspam about not being able to pick up the XXpig tail sockXX outside your fortress if the dwarves weren't smart enough to minecart their way out on their own, but other than that, it's quite clever.
You could have berries on the rocks and the dwarves would say it was "berry gneiss."
You should die horribly for this. And I mean that in the nicest possible way.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 01:47:54 am »

it's been thought of numurous times, among things to make segregated forts, like a noble fort where the best food and furniture goes, seperated from a laborers fort by a jump. Also included in the thoughts were canyon forts
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

imperium3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 04:54:28 am »

Also, Dwarven Paratroopers.
Socks inspire the same sort of emotions in dwarfs that Helen of Troy inspired in the Achaean Greeks. Although it is said that Helen's face launched a thousand ships, socks have surely launched a million ultimately-fatal Store Owned Item tasks.