Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Civilisation style game-type  (Read 957 times)

Mercur1c

• Bay Watcher
  • Chlorid3
    • View Profile
Civilisation style game-type
« on: February 19, 2012, 01:29:47 am »

I was playing freeciv the other day and thought that something like that would make a really cool game-type/mode for Dwarf Fortress.

In it you would take control over a existing civilisation, becoming its king, or you would start up a new civilisation, name it, choose its symbol, flag, race, etc. You would then be in charge of the civilisation (obviously). You could send out settlers to build forest retreats/fortresses/mountain halls/towns and so on. You could also create units (uniforms, weapons...) and send them out on patrol. You could also have the option to step down from rule and take control over a fortress or other type of settlement.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
Re: Civilisation style game-type
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 01:49:01 am »

Pretty much all of that is planned at some point, i believe.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

kurto321

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 01:33:28 am »

hey....that's actually a pretty cool idea  :D

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 12:26:44 pm »

Pretty much all of that is planned at some point, i believe.
And suggested every week.
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2012, 05:48:41 pm »

Not quite as often as slaves or sewage, but more than Toady hiring other programmers.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Courtesy Arloban

• Bay Watcher
  • This isn't a fortress... ...It's also not a map.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2012, 08:35:11 pm »

I played freeciv before I discovered dwarf fortress.  I replaced the partisan unit with refugees, but every new release they wouldn't work, and I would have to recreate them.
Maybe that the dwarves never died and everyone is just shunning them.
"Wait, what are you doing?  I don't want to go in there!  No, I'm still alive, you can't do this to me!  Is Anybody listening?  Hello... Can someone let me out?  Help me!  Is anyone there?  I'm running out of air!"