Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Outpost Liason joined fortress.  (Read 2839 times)

Morpha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Outpost Liason joined fortress.
« on: April 28, 2012, 03:46:01 am »

I've spent 5-8 years in an extended give/take(give migrants a chance to get inside, kobolds take their lives) with kobold ambush spam (I'm talking 3-4 groups every time it happens).  I have a wall around the entire map and a single door for entry. The outpost liason got stuck inside for something like 4-5 years, and basically chilled in the hospital whenever he didn't need to make the yearly trade agreement. Needless to say I haven't traded with any civ in about 8 years now, so he hasn't actually communicated with the outside world much. Let him out a few years back and he must of hung around the outside of the map or something because I was getting messages about a dwarf I didn't have in my fortress (tantrums etc). I finally managed to get a migrant group in without them all dying (kobolds are pretty much camping the doorway), and he tags along by joining the wave (first time he actually showed up in Dwarf Therapist). I noticed he was the one who was giving me the messages. He's just died, might of gone SRM at some point since he wasn't eating, sleeping or drinking. So uh, what gives?
Uploaded screenshot of his info page.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Gerottomo on May 03, 2012, 04:34:11 pm
That should be a new type of project, making a rug design in dwarf fortress (With accurate coloring)
"And so, after many deaths and much sacrifice, someone turned their fortress into a fully functioning self aware carpet that actively sought after sources of fresh blood."

The Giant Bat who decided an axe made a better weapon than claws:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=108229.30

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Outpost Liason joined fortress.
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 03:54:07 am »

Huzzah! Another fortress is being defeated by my troops!

Probably the same glitch as the Trader Glitch.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Morpha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 04:00:33 am »

Huzzah! Another fortress is being defeated by my troops!

Probably the same glitch as the Trader Glitch.
That trader glitch can go die in a fire. I get up to 5 of them hanging around before the kobolds return to massacre the traders/migrants/ANYTHING in the area. Forget goblins, kobolds are the threat here. At least they sort out the traders, would be swamped with useless traders otherwise. Corai, my vengeance will strike you all down eventually...
That should be a new type of project, making a rug design in dwarf fortress (With accurate coloring)
"And so, after many deaths and much sacrifice, someone turned their fortress into a fully functioning self aware carpet that actively sought after sources of fresh blood."

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2012, 04:02:48 am »

World War Kobold is days away! First the dwarves, THEN THOSE GOD-DAMN ELVES.

Then I get owned by the humans, and I invade the goblins, who then race with humans to take my home-cave.

Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2012, 04:14:36 am »

If you want to fix the trader glitch then DFHack has a command that you can run (tweak fixmigrant) on any migrant traders to fix them so they work like normal.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Morpha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2012, 09:09:40 am »

If you want to fix the trader glitch then DFHack has a command that you can run (tweak fixmigrant) on any migrant traders to fix them so they work like normal.
Ah yeah. I have it, but forgot  you had to write "tweak" before it.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2012, 09:53:38 am »

Ever since version 0.31.12 (and possibly earlier in 0.31.xx), visiting historical figures have been removed from their special position (outpost liaison, diplomat, law giver, general, etc.) the instant they leave the map. Since 0.34.xx's new migrants are existing historical figures, it's now possible for those former outpost liaisons to join your fortress.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Morpha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2012, 10:09:01 am »

Huh. Well, that's interesting. Shame he's dead now.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2012, 10:29:28 am »

In my current fortress, the Liaison from the first caravan visit immigrated during one of the second year's immigrant waves.  So I made her the new Broker.  Seemed appropriate.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

RAKninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware his deadly fusion cannon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2012, 03:14:08 pm »

World War Kobold is days away! First the dwarves, THEN THOSE GOD-DAMN ELVES.

Then I get owned by the humans, and I invade the goblins, who then race with humans to take my home-cave.
we dont want the cave, we want to liberate your children.

just as trolls are our livestock, you are our poultry.
Goblin Fortress (NOW UPDATED FOR 34.02!
magma on his bed when he is sleeping, works every time