Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Just had a delightful military tantrum spiral  (Read 1119 times)

Uncle Wulfie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Just had a delightful military tantrum spiral
« on: April 24, 2012, 12:03:25 pm »

About 1/3 of my soldiers started tantruming at once.  Apparently all of their leather trousers rotted off at the same time.  Also apparently all of those wonderful civilians prefer X*dog leather trousers*X over <<☼rope reed fiber trousers☼>>.

When I started checking their thoughts, most of them were also unhappy about having no shirts.  I tried a while ago (this fort) but couldn't get them to wear leather shirt, mail shirt, breastplate, and leather cloak all at the same time.  At the time, they didn't seem to mind those steel mail rings up against their bare fuzzy bodies.  sigh.

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Rarely posting anymore.
    • View Profile
Re: Just had a delightful military tantrum spiral
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 01:54:13 pm »

What did they kill? :D

Seriously, someone needs to make it so soldiers are properly clothed, cus' this is no bloody elven retreat!
Quote from: a Swedish electronics teacher
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 02:36:51 pm »

I might be lucky because my civ doesn't know shirts, therefore I won't get "missing shirt" thoughts, I hope. And I turn every piece of leather into shoes. But I didn't know they might be unhappy because of lack of trousers. I thought the dust raised by constant running around would hide the nudity of their lower parts.

Excedion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 03:38:16 pm »

I havent played any of the newer clothes rotting version but don't you give your military leather cloaks? :o I usually give them a good few as standard and surely this should provide upper body covering needed to get rid of the bad thought.
If adamantine is perfectly rigid, as shown by having 0 strain at fracture in the raw files, then the speed of sound in the metal approaches the speed of light. Adamantine musical instruments would produce ultrasonic vibrations, and cut off the fingers of the musician.

Uncle Wulfie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2012, 05:48:46 am »

They all had leather cloaks and unhappy thoughts from being shirtless.

Steel helm, leather hood
steel mail shirt, steel breastplate, leather cloak
steel greaves, leather trousers
steel gauntlets, leather gloves (I know mittens have a slight advantage, but then all the civies feel the need to wear gloves and mittens both)
steel high boots (had to list twice on the military uniform to get them to wear two), socks

Why is the chief medical dwarf ALWAYS the first to be killed when people start tantruming?  This was the first time I had one well suited to the roll WITH a high diagnosis skill. Also annoyed me with the militia commander ran through the zoo killing 2/3 of the specimens in their golden cages.  All those legendary soldiers will take time to replace too.