Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: FSN RTD (All spots taken, no waitlist.): Turn 3.  (Read 9544 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FSN RTD (All spots taken, no waitlist.): Turn 3.
« Reply #60 on: June 26, 2012, 11:08:53 am »

Archer crosses his arms over his chest.
"Just to make sure you understand, we will be searching as much of the city as possible. Magi are still human, and even though most of them are probably prepared to stay long periods hidden inside their bases of operation and protected by bondary fields, you can not underestimate human stupidity or arrogance. Some of them can be walking around nonchalantly or even buying food."

The knight of the bow stares at her for a moment before continuing.
"But for the moment, see if you can sell these." he says, nodding towards a handful of ancient gold and silver coins he had slipped into her pocket "I want to take advantage of the fact I am able to stay in my physical form without any strain on my supply of energy, and for that I would need common clothes.

He starts to move towards the street while still talking.
"And even then, I will stay in spirit form by your side for some time due to the fact that even when I wear modern clothing, my figure is not too easy to blend into the crowd. At least not as far as 'normal' is concerned."
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 11:15:15 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 26, 2012, 11:38:22 am »

Kira took the money and gave Archer the once-over. "Well...I suppose you would also know a bit on this era's currency, antique hunters would price these very well, and...it may be hard finding one without a valid reason. Pawnshops are out of the question, these are authentic.

"Hm, you're taller than most men. Most people actually. You stick out like a sore thumb, when you think of it, and these coins could get more than just clothes. Are you sure that you don't want anything else?"
She thought of what style a spirit of an archaic time would prefer. Loose clothing, or mismatched color clashing ones?

Hmm...

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 26, 2012, 11:58:36 am »

Archer stands still at the exit of the alley, leaning nonchalantly against a nearby wall, still in spirit form.
"Yes, I know about modern currency. You could sell one of these at a good price in an antique shop by following my directions of how to deal with the owner, and the matter about clothing...That can be decided by me. I can tell what fits on my body by looking, and I know what to wear."

He moves away from his position and nods towards an antique shop at the end of the street, from which a bearded man can be seen examining a small golden trinket with the utmost care.
"You should try that one. They seem to have a fairly reasonable amount of old coins, the owner must have some experience in identifying them and his mannerisms indicate he is not prone to making pitiful offers on rare objects unless the person acts and looks like a layman."
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 12:30:59 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 26, 2012, 12:49:56 pm »

Kira flipped the coin in her hand, then clenched her fist to catch it mid-air. "Well then, let's see how much inflation goes.

"So the deal is, whatever we get from this means clothes for you then we search the city for anything unusual, yes? No matter, I'll try to prep myself up for the night,"
she raised her eyebrow at the expression on his face - as indeterminable as ever, but she doubted that Archer would let time pass in the name of human aches and needs. "I don't want to get that tired, especially when we get into a battle.

"We're...supposed to aim for the kill first, and anything else second, right?"

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 26, 2012, 01:23:07 pm »

Archer keeps his usual expression, although he does raise one of his eyebrows slightly as he watches his Master staring intently at him once again.
"Yes, and we will just search for enemies around the town. Unless you happen to be unprepared for some hours of walking, I doubt our schedule will be much of a problem." He smiles grimly at her last statement. "We will most likely than not avoid combats. We are scouting during the day, and both that and my weakened state means we will prioritize reconnaissance."
>Yes?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 29, 2012, 07:54:01 am »

Kira left the Antique store with a jovial expression, holding a pouch of rattling metal in her hands as she turned a corner, into a dank alley. She rapped on the brick wall three times and saw Archer materialize after making sure nobody was in view of them.

"Well, that went better than I thought. You have a...way of convincing others to part with more than what is needed. You could've warned me though, I didn't know that being in such close proximity with a spirit could be...uncomfortable."

She spun about before he could reply and checked both ways, pointing towards the right. "And, now to the clothing store we go, though I don't know this part of town, I'd bet they sell the same-old wear just where I come from.

"Let's go. Oh...and thanks for, um, leaving after the deal."
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 06:58:27 pm by Tiruin »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 29, 2012, 08:01:38 pm »

Archer stares at the pouch for a moment before shifting his gaze towards her.
"I see you are in the mood for getting robbed. Don't you have a wallet or something along those lines that may avoid turning you into an obvious target for criminals?" he gets closer to Kira and locks his gaze with hers "And if you are afraid of spirits, try not to scream and scramble when we face something more threatening than a mouse."

The Knight of the Bow narrows his eyes for a moment before breaking his gaze and turning around to face the street and starting to walk with the grace characteristic of those who have an immaterial body.
"I know where we should go. Follow me." is all he says before heading towards the end of the street and taking a turn left, another right and finally getting to a clean, simple-looking thrift store. "I saw this place on the way to the commercial district yesterday." he answers before his Master has the chance of inquiring.

He starts to move silently around the small place with a stern look, as if he happened to be looking for a death trap hidden inside each garment. The process takes a short while before he finally indicates what he wants to buy: boots similar to his, a trenchcoat, pants and shirt along with a belt and a number of other pieces which, although being dominated by black, include casual clothing such as simple jeans, sneakers, shirts... It could be seen as a somewhat strange behavior for an heroic spirit, but it may as well be interpreted as a dedicated attempt to blend in. After all, the Servants are summoned onto the world with knowledge about the current times.
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]