Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: End goals... you actually complete!  (Read 2919 times)

gunpowdertea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: End goals... you actually complete!
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2015, 04:23:21 am »

My current goal is dodge-me-trap into lava fort defense (or similar mechanical/automated fort defense), but alas, bug 4552 prevents this and  many other goals, and has been in place for 4 years now. :(

Fixes Before Features - learn it, love it, live it.

You probably need to stagger the kill-"locations" the way one does when planning a mine field. There are only a few the first steps in, and it gets denser and denser the further you move into the field. Making use of the pathing calculations, putting some walls up that the invaders need to path around and trapping not the inner path for the first turns should mean that the risk for this behaviour could be reduced - but not fully removed.
I like the "Release the hounds alligators of War!" idea, though. I think my current embark has cave crocs, need to catch some of those :D
I don't care. I have discovered that if you spawn elves this way, cats will chase them down and eat them.

Insert_Gnome_Here

• Bay Watcher
  • Dosen't really care about anything anymore.
    • View Profile
Re: End goals... you actually complete!
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2015, 05:00:48 am »

Hmmmmm. I read the Vision of Tundale yesterday. That's given me some ideas. (it contains what may be the first ever dodge-me trap)
modern English: http://www.eleusinianm.co.uk/blueWellow/bof6tundale.html
middle English:  http://www.lib.rochester.edu/camelot/teams/vtfrm.htm
Quote from: Max™ on December 06, 2015, 04:09:21 am
Also, if you ever figure out why poets/bards/dancers just randomly start butchering people/getting butchered, please don't fix it, I love never knowing when a dance party will turn into a slaughter.
Pages: 1 [2]