Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Most enjoyable encounters  (Read 731 times)

Maynot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Most enjoyable encounters
« on: April 18, 2012, 12:23:21 am »

In one of my current forts called HeavensTown, it had just become a Barony. Then a diplomat from a Giant Tigerman civ visits.  However it happens to not be a Giant Tigerman, but a Panther Demon with a poisonous sting.  The meeting with this diplomat goes fine (still not fully functional) and he gets ready to depart.  A VILE FORCE OF DARKNESS ARRIVES!  And with them comes their skinless demon cohort that breathes death dust.  Uh oh!  Now things get interesting.    Unfortunately all the merchants did not make it to my Depot and the goblins are at my front gate.  the Panther Demon strolls out and starts clawing troll limbs off and smashing goblins to death with a sock he stole borrowed from one of them.  It pretty much obliterated the siege and casually strolled to the far end of the map cleaning up whatever goblin was in the way and still on the map.
I play games of games inside games in my head.

SRD

• Bay Watcher
  • Who the hell do you think I think you are?
    • View Profile
Re: Most enjoyable encounters
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 12:25:21 am »

I named had a dwarf named Corai and made him kill the kobolds I had caged, until the kobold bit corai in the lip and shook him around..

He bled to death.
Quote from: LoneTophat
EDIT: HOW DO I STOP THE BLEEDING!
SUPEREDIT: Nevermind. Bled to death ._.

LumberingOaf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 04:42:50 am »

Probably trying to figure out how to deal with the human diplomat in one of my more recent forts. The guy was a demon, which is nothing new, but to be specific he was an inferno demon. As in, where he walked, fire appeared. I wasn't too crazy about letting the guy torch everything in the soil layers of my fort. I settled on sniping him before he made it inside, which kind of worked but did not please his human buddies at all.

Urist McCyrilin

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh, the dwarfity!
    • View Profile
    • CyCom! Writing&PnP!
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2012, 04:50:27 am »

I named had a dwarf named Corai and made him kill the kobolds I had caged, until the kobold bit corai in the lip and shook him around..

He bled to death.

That'll teach Corai not to give a kobold lip.

Aviator CJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2012, 04:52:16 am »

I once had a goblin siege arrive, led by a fire-breathing demon. I think that you can picture how well that turned out for them  :P

After starting fires on multiple z-levels (and multiple goblins) , the demon for some reason decided to sit atop a tree for the remainder of the siege. I figure he was overcome with remorse or something.
!!Science!!: Knowledge through magma

There's safe. Then there's unsafe. And then there's the average dwarf fort, which remains unrated because the OSHA inspector flatly refused to go anywhere within a dozen miles of the place.