Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How do I delete a world?  (Read 36724 times)

zoutzakje

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How do I delete a world?
« on: April 17, 2012, 11:08:16 am »

I like creating them, but I don't want to end up with tons of worlds. So how do I delete worlds that are boring or worlds that I'm just done with?
Is there an option for it somewhere ingame or I do I have to delete some files manually?

EDIT: I don't want to delete my worlds all at once. I want to be able to select which ones I delete and which ones I keep.

Thief^

• Bay Watcher
  • Official crazy person
    • View Profile
Re: How do I delete a world?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 11:38:39 am »

Go into your DF folder, then /data/save/. Delete the folders for the worlds you don't want.
Dwarven blood types are not A, B, AB, O but Ale, Wine, Beer, Rum, Whisky and so forth.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

zoutzakje

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 01:31:11 pm »

got it, thanks =)

Kaleb702 Games

• Bay Watcher
  • nearlyNonexistent
    • View Profile
    • My YYG Account
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 01:53:42 pm »

Hopefully when Toady decides to revamp the UI a bit, there'll be a button to delete it in-game.
Quote from: Rose Lalonde, Seer of Light
One simple word can so easily begin a story in a very thick book.

C0NNULL

• Bay Watcher
  • A bastion of crazy in a small area near Hurricanes
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2012, 02:49:37 pm »

Dwarf Fortress;

A game so complex that I could make an entire page dedicated to the making of a single bar of steel - therefore there must be some obscure way to delete an old world and I just can't find it, right?

Nope. (Or yep, depending on how much you like playing with folders/directories and so on.)
The cat, Anom, approves of Scamps' methods. She admires fine scars on her human's body. She purrs in a method most disturbing. She thinks Scamps needs to train the human better. She rolls on the floor in a luxurious pile of catnip. She attacks her human lightly.
Rimamused  -  Dorfen Itza

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2012, 03:01:50 pm »

I saw this thread title under "So much potential, dashed!" and thought about all the little dwarves and humans that are destroyed each time you delete a world. You're creating and ending countless lives.

eataTREE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2012, 03:27:54 pm »

I saw this thread title under "So much potential, dashed!" and thought about all the little dwarves and humans that are destroyed each time you delete a world. You're creating and ending countless lives.
Go see this movie, think about Dwarf Fortress, and be very, very afraid.