Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: My king in a female vampire skinhead  (Read 6722 times)

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
Re: My king in a female vampire skinhead
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2012, 09:53:02 pm »

Drive her berserk and stuff unwanted nobles/migrants in the room with her? :P
Bah, she'd probably end up going melancholy, moping around, and writing awful poetry till the end of time.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2012, 09:54:59 pm »

Drive her berserk and stuff unwanted nobles/migrants in the room with her? :P
Bah, she'd probably end up going melancholy, moping around, and writing awful poetry till the end of time.

Savescum until beserk.

Drop babies you dont want in with her, she will either

A.Make more

B.Kill them

C.Both, at the same time.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2012, 10:47:49 pm »

Kickass kings/queens are rare, so I say go for the Cacame treatment, and set her up with her husband as sparring partners, then, when they're both legendary, set them loose on a few goblin seiges. 

For bonus fun, you can use the "vampire fortress" trick where you taint a well with her blood, and get some of the other dwarves to drink - make a squad with your queen in it a full vampire squad. 

The rest of your fortress is now either her royal wait staff, or food supplies.  Be sure to leave a "dormatory" outside her royal suite where your more useless cheesemakers and haulers and such can stay. 

Better yet, make them into "annointed sacrifices who are giving their lives to their holy queen", and make them have some elaborate bathing in a marble pool to purify themselves before they are taken to the feeding essence uniting chambers.

EDIT: Alternate bonus points for finding a way to render some animals unconscious, like through trapping a FB with the right syndrome, or maybe a GCS web knocking tame animals out.  If you can knock animals out, the vampires can feed on them, too.  If you can pull that off, find the most exotic and expensive animal you can get, and use them as a blood bag for your queen.  Aim for dragons or unicorns or sea serpents.  If all else fails, some giant lions are sufficiently regal.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 10:51:01 pm by NW_Kohaku »
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2012, 11:16:47 pm »

Exactly what I was about to suggest, but I lack a plan to invoke such permanent unconsciousness with possibly very limited resources...

Hmm... Oh! I know! OP; get your hands on the biggest, longest-lived, blood-filled animal the elves can bring you/you have captured, chain them in her chambers in various different places, (so when she gets thristy she doesn't always go after the same one. Hopefully.) and, locate their raws in the DF directory/data/save/[the region you're palying on]/raws/objects folder apply this to their entry somewhere after this statement;

Code: (Your que to paste the syndrome after these tags) [Select]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:BLOOD:BLOOD_TEMPLATE]
[BLOOD:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:BLOOD:LIQUID]
[CREATURE_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]

Code: (the syndrome to paste after those tags) [Select]
[CREATURE_CLASS:UNCONSCIOUS_TARGET]
[SELECT_MATERIAL:BLOOD]
[ENTERS_BLOOD]
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_NAME:Permanent Unconsciousness]
[SYN_AFFECTED_CLASS:UNCONSCIOUS_TARGET]
[SYN_CONTACT]
[SYN_INJECTED]
[SYN_INHALED]
- ingestion excluded so your poor vampire isn't affected by it. Unless she's a messy eater.
[CE_UNCONSCIOUSNESS:SEV:100:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:SIZE_DILUTES:START:0]

If the creature you chose is a giant version of another creature, add the syndrome to the normal non-giant creature's raws, for ease of use (it's tricky, but most of the giant animals are in Creature_temperate_new.txt, Creature_tropical_new.txt)

Having used the unconsciousness flag here for one of my interactions, I can say it will make them constantly lapse in and out of consciousness. The chances of the Queen having an unconscious one on hand to feed on are slim if you keep other dwarves away, and if you've picked a big enough species they shouldn't simply die of blood loss.

If on the off chance you have no idea what I mean by any of this, just pick a species of giant animal, tell us what it is, and I can do it without having to explain.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Kel

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXPLODABLE][MAGMA_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2012, 05:55:31 am »

The vampire wouldn't be affected by it anyway - it's only SYN_AFFECTED_CLASS:UNCONSCIOUS_TARGET, of which the modded creatures are the only examples.

Also, doesn't a creature's blood not actually exist until they suffer a wound that causes blood to be drawn? I didn't think you could cause a creature to suffer a syndrome from their own blood until they suffer a wound and it touches them externally. I might be wrong though...
You don't need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

"I still say a church steeple with a lightning rod on top shows a lack of confidence."

Tribes: Ascend is pretty good. Check it out here:
http://tinyurl.com/KelTribes

jellsprout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2012, 08:03:14 am »

Description:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Born in 177, arrived in 266, still claims to be only 22 years old. I love how bad monarch vampires are at hiding their vampirism.
"Having been equipped with tracking collars so their migration and survival in the wild can be measured, the young Sea Serpent is released into the wild.  It is hoped that this captive breeding program will boost their terribly low population numbers and eventually see them removed from the endangered species list..."

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2012, 09:22:27 am »

When you're the King, you don't need to lie well. You can just have everyone able to count and speculate hammered a dozen times.

A Vampire King AND an enemy of the elves? They need rooms of their own and random blood sacrifices from useless migrants! Hopefully they won't go and drain their husband as the first thing though.

Tharwen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2012, 10:02:00 am »

The title is... unfortunate.
[Signature]

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2012, 11:25:40 am »

Born in 177, arrived in 266, still claims to be only 22 years old. I love how bad monarch vampires are at hiding their vampirism.
Does this happen with non-royalty? It's possible that vampires only update their persona when they're caught and chased out of a civ, since Monarchs are monarchs till they die they create one persona and never change it.

ItinerantWraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2012, 01:22:41 pm »

Have you looked at her in legends yet?

Moonshine Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2012, 02:38:59 pm »

Have you looked at her in legends yet?
This. She sounds like a fairly awesome character. Not quite Tholtig, but you never know.

jellsprout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2012, 04:53:07 pm »

Does this happen with non-royalty? It's possible that vampires only update their persona when they're caught and chased out of a civ, since Monarchs are monarchs till they die they create one persona and never change it.

I don't think so. I've only seen it once before and that was with a vampire king of my own.
"Having been equipped with tracking collars so their migration and survival in the wild can be measured, the young Sea Serpent is released into the wild.  It is hoped that this captive breeding program will boost their terribly low population numbers and eventually see them removed from the endangered species list..."
Pages: 1 [2]