Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: A Modest Proposal (exploit/Toady oversight)  (Read 6203 times)

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
Re: A Modest Proposal (exploit/Toady oversight)
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2012, 08:57:53 pm »

I may have a method to start a solitary fort now!  All attempts previously resulted in tantrum of the survivor.

I've been doing this, and it does seem to work well. I found one odd result though. Atomsmashing works for dead dwarf friends or family, but not for animals.

My hermit fort has been happily running along, with the original atomsmashing causing no bad thoughts at all, but then when a war dog got caught under the drawbridge with one of the migrant waves, the hermit suddenly became unhappy at the loss of a pet.

Fortunately by then I had given him a very good bedroom and dining room.

I used atomsmashing to remove some pets, and the owner didn't notice (I should re-verify that!). Perhaps this is a war animal-specific phenomenon? Was it listed as dead, or missing (my pets went missing)?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2012, 09:11:58 pm »

For the record, I managed to use DFHack to do a solo embark.  I need to do some further modding to enable truly isolated endeavors.

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2012, 06:53:10 am »

I used atomsmashing to remove some pets, and the owner didn't notice (I should re-verify that!). Perhaps this is a war animal-specific phenomenon? Was it listed as dead, or missing (my pets went missing)?
All hail Urist Da Vinci, savior of the FPS! The dreaded catsplosion shall become a thing of the past.
Combined with KodKod's ...rather draconian... but admittedly serviceable proposal, this will work wonders towards having all of the useless vermin Specially Valued Citizens like pests, degenerate morons Our Glorious Leaders, lazy little bums Beloved Children, walking uteruses Happy Mothers and their vile spawn Darling Little Toddlers to be inconspicuously Safely murdered Released Elsewhere.

All in the name of my sadistic pleasure The Greater Good, of course. >:D
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 06:57:01 am by Sus »
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.

Mr S

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2012, 07:53:02 am »

^^ Studied in the Rove-Cheney School of Political Discourse.

Magnum cum laude
Pages: 1 [2]