Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: DCPS  (Read 1762 times)

DwarfMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
DCPS
« on: April 08, 2012, 06:53:39 am »

I was thinking about how the living and working conditions in Dwarf Fortress border on horrifying and came up with the idea that some "representatives" from the Mountainhomes could come over and take your Dwarven children on grounds of child abuse and neglect. Your Dwarves would then have to succumb to months of agony, knowing that they may never see their children again. Those children could then grow up and start their own fortresses, but because the DCPS (Dwarven Child Protective Services) told them a lot of bullcrap about their biological parents, they will automatically hate you and send in their militias to clean you out. 

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: DCPS
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 06:55:18 am »

Um...it's kinda weird.  Not really the coolest feature Toady can put in the game. 

Well, it is cool if say, baby-snatched dwarven babies come back, filled with Goblin propaganda, and an army.  But...child services?  Nah. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

DwarfMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, 07:17:50 am »

Um...it's kinda weird.  Not really the coolest feature Toady can put in the game. 

Well, it is cool if say, baby-snatched dwarven babies come back, filled with Goblin propaganda, and an army.  But...child services?  Nah.

I was hoping that someone would say something like that. After all, this thread was supposed to be a joke. :)

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2012, 01:46:10 pm »

The Dwarf Fortress suggestions forum is not exactly the place to take out a vendetta against a real-life entity with which you have problems.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Uristocrat

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Railgunner
    • View Profile
    • DF Wiki User Page
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2012, 04:25:54 pm »

I misread that as DCPU and it was a lot more interesting.  I'm sure that someone could make an emulated Dwarven CPU and even make proper magma LCD panels for the output.  The hardest part would be having enough room for memory cells, I think.  Oh, and the fact that it would run reaaaally slowly.

But now I want one....
You could have berries on the rocks and the dwarves would say it was "berry gneiss."
You should die horribly for this. And I mean that in the nicest possible way.

TSTwizby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
I got a female and male dragon on my embark. I got cagetraps on the exits but im struggling to find a way to make them path into it.
Live bait.
3 dwarfs out of 7 dead so far

Radiant_Phoenix

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE_CLASS:MODDER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2012, 11:41:44 am »

I was thinking about how the living and working conditions in Dwarf Fortress border on horrifying and came up with the idea that some "representatives" from the Mountainhomes could come over and take your Dwarven children on grounds of child abuse and neglect. Your Dwarves would then have to succumb to months of agony, knowing that they may never see their children again. Those children could then grow up and start their own fortresses, but because the DCPS (Dwarven Child Protective Services) told them a lot of bullcrap about their biological parents, they will automatically hate you and send in their militias to clean you out.
Rename goblins to DCPS. Done.

DwarfMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2012, 08:51:13 pm »

Rename goblins to DCPS. Done.
There's an idea!!! LOL!!!