Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Oh Sour Merciless Armok, the xXClothesXx...  (Read 5632 times)

Random Spark

• Bay Watcher
  • Tales of Karma and Strategy
    • View Profile
    • My Art (Deviant Art profile)
Re: Oh Sour Merciless Armok, the xXClothesXx...
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2012, 04:03:49 am »

Is it bad that i have a personal system of justice?

15 layers above the surface is a diving board.
Back in the Barracks theres a little squad called "You Did A Good Thing!"

So "Urist McGood" does a can-opener into my "scrap pit" where i dump every thing ever.
Bodies..
Cloths..
...Bodies..

You get the idea.
Vampires included.

That is what i like to use my cloths for..
"Cushions"
I am an artist. I draw, write, and compose.
I am also a smartalek. I am also trying to design a game.

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2012, 03:18:20 pm »

You could just keep manufacturing clothing continually, and allow them to haul the used stuff to a refuse stockpile.

A farm growing pig tails, a farmer workshop on repeat process plants, a few looms, and a clothing workshop set to produce (on repeat) a mixture of clothing items should give you a continual stream of new clothing coming out of the workshops to replace used stuff, so everyone gets to wear shiny new clothing.

As a side effect you will get a lot of legendary weavers and tailors, and you can then decorate the clothing with yet more cloth. A masterfully made sock made with masterfully woven pig tail cloth and masterfully decorated with masterfully woven pig tail cloth is absurdly valuable.

Don't worry about stuff wearing out. Once you get a legendary churning out goods he won't care if some of them are destroyed or lost. If he's only ever made one masterwork item, he'll be extremely upset. If one masterwork sock gets lost, but he's made 500+ other masterwork socks he doesn't even care.

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2012, 03:22:51 pm »

Don't even need all that many clothes afaIk, you don't need to have a clothier working around the clock. I have a 200-odd Dwarf fortress now and I just happen to have ordered about 180 items but that's more because I had a lot of cloth lying around, it's been a year since anyone complained of nudity.
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

GoldenShadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2012, 03:51:22 pm »

It wouldn't be so bad if worn clothing got put on the refuse pile. They keep ending up in my finished goods bins.
Pages: 1 [2]