Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Burrows, sieges, and a broken up caravan  (Read 324 times)

Multiplicity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Burrows, sieges, and a broken up caravan
« on: April 08, 2012, 08:08:44 am »

I had a siege appear when a dwarven caravan arrived. Naturally, that caravan got smeared over the map (literally). The caravan took enough goblins with them that they broke siege and ran. Okay, cool. So I had my dwarves pick up all the stuff that was left behind. Some time passes and I get seiged again. Luckily, I thought, it'd be doable because only one dwarf was outside and a couple more crossing a bridge to my entrance and a simply restrict civs to burrow would do the trick. What happens? They IGNORED the restriction and still tried to collect what was left of the dwarven caravan. I even tried to forbid everything. They still kept going. I even turned off every darn hauling labor off for every dwarf and they STILL kept going.

Question is... did my game get all bugged out? It was unfortunate to see my dwarves get ripped apart and I couldn't do a thing about it. Even my stupid military I put on alert even wanted to pickup equipment outside my gates with everything forbidden.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
Re: Burrows, sieges, and a broken up caravan
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 12:59:44 pm »

I'm not sure about the forbidden objects - perhaps it's possible you missed something, I don't know - but did you use an alert or just the burrows?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand