Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Question on Evil Biomes and there creatures.  (Read 1024 times)

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Question on Evil Biomes and there creatures.
« on: April 05, 2012, 01:25:06 am »

Ogres and Trolls spawn on the surface correct? Would they not die of the freakish weather almost instantly, making them excint? This is bugging me not understanding how they live.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Question on Evil Biomes and there creatures.
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 01:31:33 am »

Ogres spawn on the surface, but trolls are cavern critters. Also, not all evil biomes have freakish weather, just as not all evil biomes are cursed with undeath. Even if all evil biomes did have freakish weather, not all freakish weather is instantly fatal, or even necessarily fatal at all. Sometimes, simple blood rains in evil biomes, and that's not deadly at all (just gross). Most evil rains cause fairly mild syndromes, like blistering or dizziness, which isn't too bad to be out in. Even some evil clouds can be survivable; the symptoms of exposure can be brutal, like instantly turning victims into husks, or it can be painful but survivable, like short-lived bleeding on exposed surfaces only.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 07:28:56 am »

Not to mention Ogres are bloody tough. And in world gen, effects of weather are not dished at creatures.

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 07:41:02 am »

And in world gen, effects of weather are not dished at creatures.

this, and after worldgen, the weather is only considered to be happening on your fort's map
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

SRD

• Bay Watcher
  • Who the hell do you think I think you are?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2012, 07:41:29 am »

Pfft, you're all taking it the wrong way, Ogres WERE goblins that have been affected by the evil clouds, and turned into ogres.
Quote from: LoneTophat
EDIT: HOW DO I STOP THE BLEEDING!
SUPEREDIT: Nevermind. Bled to death ._.