Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which way should the mod go?

Realistic stone armor
- 0 (0%)
Balanced stone armor
- 1 (20%)
Both, for example, stone armor is incredibly heavy but functions like real stone armor would.
- 4 (80%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: [34.07]!!STONEWORKS!!  (Read 1019 times)

lolsicle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[34.07]!!STONEWORKS!!
« on: April 03, 2012, 07:52:27 am »

Dear fellow dwarves,
Are you tired of your precious dorfss sleeping on WOODEN beds, like some hippy elves? Are you tired of the best rock crafting race known to dwarfkind not being able to craft simple items out of stone? Well worry no more, for stoneworks is here. Stoneworks is a mod I cobbled together after I realized that dwarfs should be able to make anything and everything out of stone. It starts with a new construction called the stoneworks. It allows you to process any non-economic stone into processed rock, which you can further refine into rockmetal and rockwood. Rockmetal can be further refined into rockthread. However, stone is notoriously brittle, so processing the rock destroys half of it, and processing it further into rockwood or rockmetal will take away another half.  Also, it allows you to grind non-economic stone into sand and soften it into clay, with a 50 percent chance of success. Rockwood can be used to make any item normally made from wood, rockmetal from metal, rockthread from thread. Rockmetal armor and weapons are significantly worse than copper, and all rockmetal and rockwood items are very heavy. Smelting processed rock is done at the smelter, but doesn't require fuel, as dwarves don't need large amounts of heat to refine the already processed rock; leftover heat works fine. Suggestions, alterations, etc. are all welcome. EDIT: I'm editing the armor values more for rockmetal, should I make it more balanced, or more realistic? I'm not sure if I can make it super realistic (Armor is strong but chips away) with dwarf fortresses values, so currently I'm leaving it at crappier than copper. It's pretty much only a little bit better than nothing in terms of armaments, just a holdout till later, or cheap weapon traps since it's still better than wood.
Also, this should be compatible with any other mod.
EDIT:Rockwood and rockthread are gone, they just added a bunch of redundant items. Now rockmetal can be used to make anything you could make with thread, rock, metal, or wood, and the values for it are perfect.
UPDATE:Now with custom workshop.
EDIT/UPDATE 2: Rockmetal is replaced by processed rock that functions the same, so you no longer have to waste fuel on rockmetal items. Also the custom workshop doesn't look like shit. Also it actually works now.
Download here: http://dffd.wimbli.com/submit.php?action=edit&eid=6083
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 09:20:43 am by lolsicle »