Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarf Tharapist  (Read 1038 times)

GenJeFT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarf Tharapist
« on: April 03, 2012, 04:13:30 pm »

Hi everyone.

I just started playing Dwarf Fortress this past weekend. Still have not lost my first fortress. Population over 150 dwarfs. (not counting the tutorial I did)

But managing 150 dwarfs is a nightmare, so I looked wiki and found a program called Dwarf Tharapist. I installed it and ran it but it cant run with the version I have.

Anyone know of a version of dwarf tharapist that runs with DF version 0.32.07?

I did a search on the forum to see if someone already asked. I did not find anything.

I am enjoying this game a lot. I got attacked by some monstrous two headed humanoid monster on year 7 and won. Sent my archers against it not realising they did not have any quivers for thier crossbows so they beat it to death. Very detailed combat system. My fortress has survived 10 DW years so far.

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Tharapist
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 04:22:05 pm »

There is a way to make the most recent version of DT function with 34.07; it is outlined by slink in this post from the DT thread. Basically it involves manually creating the file that the program uses to find the data points that it reads/replaces to perform the functions it does.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

GenJeFT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 08:08:37 pm »

Thanks. Sucks that its on page 114 of 119. Unfortunetly I am not sure what he means by

"Put this in a file named v0.34.07_graphics.ini, in the etc\memory_layouts\windows sub-directory under the directory from which you run DT."

Do I make the ini file? Or do I put it in a preexisting file? I cant find it if its a preexisting file.

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2012, 08:35:06 pm »

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6064
follow that link for a download to be a little easier ;)
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

GenJeFT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2012, 09:03:01 pm »

I got it working. Thank you!