Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: big bad ass "dragon" caught in my...  (Read 1943 times)

nappy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
big bad ass "dragon" caught in my...
« on: June 05, 2012, 05:54:19 pm »

simple nickel cage!!

So here he comes, the one and only sarvesh shakethumsti Doren Istrath. he is a gigantic reptilian creature and he can live for thousands of years. He has laid waste to a significant part of the forrest above ground, setting it afire with his fire breath.

i have never encountered such a creature, but due to the fire breath im rather worried that my tiny army (10 crossbow dwarfs and 10 melee dwarfs) is going to get a tough match if he manages to get past all my traps...but what happends???

They mighty creature is trapped in my very first nickel cage guarding the assault bridge into my fortress... i was rather surprised
and somewhat dissapointed, that this mighty creature was such an easy catch.... was i lucky? or are these cages better then i give them credit for ?

desposing of this creature now is an easy task.. almost a shame to drop him in my pit or under my bridge  ::)

nappy

Calathar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: big bad ass "dragon" caught in my...
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 06:32:59 pm »

Cage traps are well known to be overpowered, which is why one of the development notes is
Many trap exploits are handled above by requiring more to produce a trap, things like cage traps should make more sense vs. large creatures etc. (respect strength/ability vs. material, large cages might be separate object)

You can train the dragon or use it in your own traps to burn your enemies.  What a waste to just kill it.

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 08:24:42 am »

Yeah. If you have a row of cages (of any type, including wood) blocking the entry to your fort, it becomes almost impossible to seige.

Don't dig too deep now though...
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

TheChosen

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2012, 08:29:07 am »

Thats dwarven craftsmanship for ya.
TheChosen cancels Mega-project: Too sane