Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: setting specific creatures tamed by new civ  (Read 385 times)

Drakis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
setting specific creatures tamed by new civ
« on: March 30, 2012, 11:40:05 am »

I am working on updating a race of humanoid dragons i made for the previous versions of DF, and i am seeking info on how with the new tags you can force a civ to have certian creatures as pets by default.

If someone can point me in the right direction, it would be very helpful.   i want this civ to only use the creatures ive used as mounts and pets, ignoring horses and mules and such.

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: setting specific creatures tamed by new civ
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 02:13:25 pm »

To my knowledge the only way to limit a pet creature to a specific civilization is to add the [GOOD] or [EVIL] tag to the creature and then the [USE_GOOD_ANIMALS] or [USE_EVIL_ANIMALS] to the civilization. [USE_CAVE_ANIMALS] will also work for creatures with solely subterranean biomes.

No civs but the ones with those tags will use the associated creature. Unfortunately, elves already have [USE_GOOD_ANIMALS] and goblins have both [USE_EVIL_ANIMALS] and [USE_CAVE_ANIMALS]. One combination which may work is the [GOOD] tag with a subterranean biome creature then adding the use good animals as well as use cave animals to the new civ, but otherwise there's no way to limit a specific creature to a specific civ.

Use of mounts only requires adding [MOUNT_EXOTIC] to the creature as well as [PET] or [PET_EXOTIC] (Probably the latter if you wish to limit it).
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”