Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Any way to ramp up goblin towers?  (Read 1290 times)

Frame

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Any way to ramp up goblin towers?
« on: March 28, 2012, 11:54:17 pm »

I want to get a few goblin towers close together and start mining goblinite from them. Are there any world gen settings or tricks that I can use to get them fairly sense on my map?

NonconsensualSurgery

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Any way to ramp up goblin towers?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 03:01:33 pm »

Goblin fortresses aren't physically in the game yet even though they show up on the world map, and how many goblins you get depends mostly on how much wealth you ship out on the caravans. Lots of gold toys equals lots of goblins.

If you see "tower" on your world map... that's not goblins. It's something much, much worse.
Never had a bat massacre people with an axe before.
EDIT2: Oh god, the bat has got a title now.

Frame

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 07:12:42 pm »

Ah, I was thinking they were goblin towers not the other towers. Regardless, is there a way to ramp them up cause my fortresses aren't nearly fun enough and I'm having a hard time finding any in my worlds.

oldark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 09:11:11 pm »

Tried fortress defense mod? It can cause plenty of fun. Enable all the options and don't read the seige requirements before playing for maximum FUN.  Also, is fortress defense up to date?

Frame

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2012, 09:33:17 pm »

I was playing fortress defense for a couple weeks with 34.03 but it never seemed to ramp up fast enough to be really threatening. Not sure if it's up to date with .06. I mainly just wanted to try a different kind of fun with the towers.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2012, 09:49:48 pm »

The number of goblin towers in the world make basically no difference - the game generates all but the historical characters on the spot.  Whether you have only 1 tiny refuge of 12 goblins left in the world or a world booming with hundreds of thousands of goblins, the same number of goblins will siege your fortress. 

Conversely, in Adventurer Mode, there will not be any goblin towers there for you to enter or attack, and none of the goblins will be there, either.  Again, it doesn't matter how many goblins exist, because the only time you'll see them is when they happen to move into a human town.

If you want to have some sort of more powerful siege or something, again, just ramp up more and more powerful enemy race mods.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2012, 08:42:27 am »

ALternatively, just make several goblin civilizations in the entity raws. Fun fun fun!

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2012, 08:45:19 am »

I was playing fortress defense for a couple weeks with 34.03 but it never seemed to ramp up fast enough to be really threatening.
Remember to check whatever your embark have access to multiple civs.
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.