Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress is the best game I have ever played.  (Read 38324 times)

Wagwoof

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress is the best game I have ever played.
« Reply #135 on: March 24, 2012, 11:22:54 am »

I think of it this way: Dwarf Fortress is a hobby to Toady and he is nice enough to upload it etc. so that everyone else can enjoy it. Therefore Toady's wishes are the only ones that count.

thisisjimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 24, 2012, 01:48:33 pm »

I think of it this way: Dwarf Fortress is a hobby to Toady and he is nice enough to upload it etc. so that everyone else can enjoy it. Therefore Toady's wishes are the only ones that count.

You're missing the point.  OP is making a suggestion in the suggestions forum to try to help Toady and DF.  No ones trying to force Toady to do anything.  People are just offering their insight.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 24, 2012, 05:53:54 pm »

"I know it's messy and most people consider it an unnecessary waste of time, but if you were to flay that deceased equine, it would be so much better!  Why don't you believe me!"

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 25, 2012, 11:08:59 am »

I'm just babbling, but why don't we fix the bugs and Toady adds the features? That might get stuff done more quickly, and it means Toady can be as creative as he likes. There's plenty of bug fixing mods, why don't we make them a bit more official?

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 25, 2012, 11:36:33 am »

I'm just babbling, but why don't we fix the bugs and Toady adds the features? That might get stuff done more quickly, and it means Toady can be as creative as he likes. There's plenty of bug fixing mods, why don't we make them a bit more official?

Are you talking about open-sourcing the game or something else?  The open-sourcing discussion has been had.  Also, managing the bug tracker is vastly different from actually fixing bugs in the game's code.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]