Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Naked dwarves!  (Read 2224 times)

Jachim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Naked dwarves!
« on: March 23, 2012, 11:48:35 pm »

... now that I got your attention to the matter at hand!

First major fort since way back in 2011... just got the update for clothing, but my child dwarves seem not to be clothing themselves, even though there is plenty of cloth clothing including dresses, robes, vests, trousers, gloves, shoes...

Needless to say, several of my dwarves now have bruised eyes, livers, feet, and other various extremities and I've bought every thread of cloth from the elves this last season to ensure I'm making enough, in case other dwarves are insta-claiming the stuff I'm making now.

Still, is this a bug still? I'm glad they fixed the clothing bugs, but man... as soon as my dwarven babies grow up, they don't seem to be getting the clothing they need....

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Naked dwarves!
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 07:19:03 am »

Using the latest version? Dwarfs'll cloth themselves now

malimbar04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 07:30:05 am »

Do they by chance put on clothes when they become adults?
No! No! I will not massacre my children. Instead, I'll make them corpulent on crappy mass-produced quarry bush biscuits and questionably grown mushroom alcohol, and then send them into the military when they turn 12...

FoiledFencer

• Bay Watcher
  • keepin' it feudal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2012, 07:37:47 am »

I'm in the middle of a nakedness-induced tantrum spiral from the 60+ naked children who are furious that I did not have sufficient clothes around. They do seem to put them on when they are made, though. Are you using a mod, maybe?
"Lithrushâst Kúdlizat: Fetidfur, the slick notch, a grizzly bear leather loincloth. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is studded with zinc, decorated with grizzly bear leather and encircled with bands of grizzly bear leather. This object menaces with spikes of grizzly bear leather."

werechicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2012, 08:25:43 am »

It's kind of ironic that children went from the hoarder of clothes to nudists in a single update.

Jachim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2012, 08:35:02 am »

Crisis averted, and only 2 children had to be murdered brutally in plain sight of their parents and siblings as a consequence of a very rabid initial clothing grab.

I suppose what happened was everyone in the fort was at the cusp of 'xClothingx' and wanted new stuff, and the poor babies just growing to adulthood were left at the back of the line. Or in this case, tantruming all over, giving my Mayor a serious beating repeatedly for several months (My mayor was also my manager) every time they tantrumed whilst also in his office.

Two went stark raving mad, and two others went berserk in the main outside meeting area, only to be promptly headshot by nearby marksdorfs practising on archery targets.

All in all, once I made about 5 clothier workshops, and set about 7 dorfs to just make clothes, the backlog loosened and everyone seems to be happier for it now.

Whew!