Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Need advice!  (Read 539 times)

Henrik Undrgrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Need advice!
« on: March 23, 2012, 05:32:52 pm »

My fortress died from a massive demon invasion.I've since tried reclaiming three times and failed due to the large amount of forgotten beasts that were roaming the bridge that led inside, roughly about 6-7, the worst being a salt titan that just wouldnt die and seemed indwarvenly fast at moving and killing.The fourth attempt saw the last one die(finally ::)) and I sealed off the fortress from the outside leaving only a few rooms available.I also managed to seal off the entrance to hell which I had dug seperately from the fortress.

By some miricle of Armok I have one surviving dwarf, the expedition leader.

I intend to dig down and then seal of the farms with a wall, there being only one entrance and thus gain a food supply.Im currently in control of the hospital.Food isnt too big of an issue because of all the failed attempts at reclaiming but it seems the logical thing to do.I believe that there is only one demon left as the rate of destroyed messages is very low and very localised.This is due to the demons and forgotten beasts fighting it out.Once I have some equipment inside i'll seal of the entrance too but im unsure how to procede after that.

Do I wait for reinforcements or do my best for the next group to attempt the journey????

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Need advice!
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 05:34:45 pm »

Try and get any migrants underground and build up a resistance.  You're the underdwarf.  Do what you do best.  Dig.  Above them.  And drop the mountain on your former fort!  Build a new fortress upon the ruins!  Don't reclaim, rebuild!

Henrik Undrgrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 05:45:39 pm »

Damn ghosts wont leave me alone*whispers*no, I told you im busy now bugger off im trying to have a conversation*,sorry but they are a bit crowding.Bringing the fortress down isnt that easy but will be an option.Its built into a mountain an very organically grown so its a bit of a sprall.1-2 demons left I think, im going to build sounding tunnels parallel to the main areas to try and locate them and I can also use the tunnels to undermine the fortress if neccessary 8).

Henrik Undrgrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 06:01:31 pm »

That damn salt titan had 54 copper bolts stuck in it.I think it died because it couldnt move under the weight of them all. :)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2012, 07:12:22 am »

Wow, at least you know your fort didn't go down without a fight!

Reclaim your weapons.

When the time is right,

Breach your fortress.