Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stones not useable for constructions  (Read 627 times)

oldark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Stones not useable for constructions
« on: March 24, 2012, 06:25:48 pm »

I just noticed in my fortress on the new release that kaolinite can no longer be used for constructions. Its not on my stones menu and there is easy access to it for my masons and it is not marked for dumping/forbidden. Just wondering if this is intentional and if so, is there a list of other useless stones available? I checked the wiki and nothing is mentioned.

Edit: Noticed that Kaolinite does not appear in the menu at all for stockpile options as well.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 06:30:06 pm by oldark »

Tolisk

• Bay Watcher
  • [ANGRY_MAMMOTH=TRUE]
    • View Profile
Re: Stones not useable for constructions
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 06:48:33 pm »

That's a flux stone i believe, and those arn't used for construction because it is used for special uses
In the grim darkness of DF, there can be only FUN

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 07:04:22 pm »

Kaolinite is not a flux, it's used for pottery. Just go into your stones menu and toggle kaolinite to be available et voila; un Fortress rouge.

In-post edit; what, not in your stone menu? It has to be. Between native aluminium and calcite.
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

oldark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2012, 07:14:27 pm »

Well so much for my powers of observation. I scrolled through that menu several times, yet there it is, between calcite and native aluminum like you say. Thanks for the responses.