Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: DF related good night stories  (Read 1155 times)

Nagidal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My gaming channel
DF related good night stories
« on: March 17, 2012, 06:49:10 pm »

I like to listen to something before I fall asleep. Are there any DF related podcasts or stuff I could listen to? I tried DF talk, but these are too technical and deserve my fullest attention which I cannot give them when I lying down to rest. I'd love to listen to some LP-like stuff or some other light-weight topics. Any suggestions?

Hall of legends LPs as audiobooks would be awesome to listen to, methinks.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 06:50:41 pm by Nagidal »
I stream most of my DF sessions: gaming.youtube/nagidal146, they are archived on my youtube channel. (Dwarf Fortress Tutorials)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: DF related good night stories
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 05:27:18 pm »

Not that I know of, but damn that would be a good idea..

Exlo

• Bay Watcher
  • Retirement homes are for lobsters!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 08:47:42 pm »

Other than perhaps starting up one of PlumpHelmetPunk's LPs and listening to it as you fall asleep, I can't think of anything that comes close to something like that. He's so mellow, and his style of playing ends up becoming a story regardless... So maybe. I approve of the Hall of Legends audiobook idea, though. Sounds awesome to me, anyway!
Clearly, this represents six side-by-side wheelbarrows, as indicated by the right half of the icon.  The left half indicates they are carrying babies with hats in these wheelbarrows.

Presumably, they are lining up to dump them into the baby furnaces.

Spoonz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2012, 06:01:49 pm »

Thanks for the heads-ups on PlumpHelmetPunk's LPs. I love watching LP's when theres a good narrator. I see he has a Lets Play on an old PS1 game 'Sentient' which i loved but had almost forgotten. Thanks again.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2012, 06:03:49 pm »

The epic of tholtig cryptbrain, so hopefully you get badass dreams.

Exlo

• Bay Watcher
  • Retirement homes are for lobsters!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2012, 08:58:51 pm »

Thanks for the heads-ups on PlumpHelmetPunk's LPs. I love watching LP's when theres a good narrator. I see he has a Lets Play on an old PS1 game 'Sentient' which i loved but had almost forgotten. Thanks again.

No problem! Plump's one heck of a let's player. Probably my all time favorite. ;)
Clearly, this represents six side-by-side wheelbarrows, as indicated by the right half of the icon.  The left half indicates they are carrying babies with hats in these wheelbarrows.

Presumably, they are lining up to dump them into the baby furnaces.

KodKod

• Bay Watcher
  • Fond of despair and alcoholism.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2012, 10:08:28 pm »

Alas, only the youtubes provide any DF-related material to relax and wind-down before bed.

Funnily enough I recently watched Nagidal's videos which are enjoyable (but sadly short); not that it would do him much good to listen to himself.
/人‿‿人\
Tell me what you see. It's a mortal wretched cacophony!
KodBlog: A rage in progress. Updated 20/04/12

NTJedi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2012, 04:58:57 pm »

Alas, only the youtubes provide any DF-related material to relax and wind-down before bed.

Funnily enough I recently watched Nagidal's videos which are enjoyable (but sadly short); not that it would do him much good to listen to himself.
Finding the good dwarf fortress you tube videos are difficult because some people are either difficult to understand(different countries) or difficult to hear(poor sound capturing).  And some just are mumbling a few words while they play the game which really doesn't teach you anything new because they're not covering any of the complicated stuff.