Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Weird immigrant.  (Read 6835 times)

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
Re: Weird immigrant.
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2012, 12:12:47 pm »

It seems the infamous Trader Bug has struck again.

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2012, 12:39:48 pm »

What did 'u' indicate he was doing while he was acting like blockade?  No Job?  And did he have that new migrant X blinking over himself?  Curious.  Prolly can't get him to show in 'u' til he arrives at the meeting zone.  That is strange. 

Not sure what is going on, hope somebody has a fix.

Try painting a meeting area over him?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 12:42:26 pm by knutor »
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2012, 12:44:17 pm »

probably trader bug. His wife, while listed as blacksmith, has quite a few social skills.
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2012, 04:19:15 pm »

Em, out of a huge wave of 26 immigrants, 9 so far are sitting at the edge of the map, none of themself calling themself a trader. Is this bug that serious? I had thought it would be one or two.

a total of 14 are idling at the edge of the map now, a full third of my fort. I expect this to continue to become a larger and larger problem. Unless the problem of burying caravan guards, the way they seem to behave, is fixed, I'm going to end up over my ears in ghosts.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 04:57:04 pm by Garath »
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.

knutor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2012, 12:57:50 am »

Migrants acting odd in this fortress, I'm in now.  Latest wave, according to Therapist has some dorfs that were came earlier, from earlier waves.  Its crazy confusing, since Therapist also shows traders and zombies. 

You say you got a meeting zone?  Someone said they linger on edge, if there is none.  The starting caravan is a meeting zone, if ya take it apart for wood too soon without a meeting zone, what you mention happens.  Try setting up a table, to meeting.  Or a well or activation zone.  See if that moves them.
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2012, 05:40:07 am »

meeting zone, dining hall and statue garden. It's not the normal immigrants, but the @ ones that hug the edge, barely moving, blocking the way. They dont list as fort members in (u).

Slythe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2012, 08:02:11 am »

That's a pretty serious bug, almost game-stopping.  Hopefully Toady realizes and fixes it.

Myrmec

• Bay Watcher
  • Playing the [z]tock market
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2012, 09:48:38 am »

in 34.02 I was getting TONS of immigrants that had 11's.  In fact if they had any experience in a skill at all it would be 11.  No 10's, no 12's, just 11's.  Never seen the loitering before tho...

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2012, 03:34:30 pm »

must be the modding/editing I did, it's not the trader bug. First, it's many, many more units than reported before and the dwarf caravan just left and everyone is still there. I'm making a copy of the save for the report and then continue untill the first ambushes to see if they'll be killed, then find out if their ghosts will rise and if I can slab/bury them.

knutor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2012, 09:42:11 pm »

in 34.02 I was getting TONS of immigrants that had 11's.  In fact if they had any experience in a skill at all it would be 11.  No 10's, no 12's, just 11's.  Never seen the loitering before tho...

Yeah. 02 had really high skilled immigrants.

34.05 seems to have stopped it tho.  With the exception of some lv11 Trackers, I haven't gotten much over lv3-4, and those are military skills usually.  On about combined wave 20, or so here.  Bin dabbling with 05 for a couple nights. 

I hardly ever get socials tho.  Running with labor lists set to no, here.  I'm seeing trends however, Trackers always visit with decent military skills.  The zilch in Observation makes locating k filth, TOUGH!  Knutor

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2012, 09:59:25 pm »

This.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2012, 07:11:00 am »

This.

I asked this before but got no answer: does the trader bug bug 1/3rd of the migrants, including children and is it still that bug if they don't leave with the traders, as reported in the trader bug (at least in some cases)?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 07:18:05 am by Garath »
Pages: 1 [2]