Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Absolute trolling of my poor militia commander...  (Read 732 times)

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
Absolute trolling of my poor militia commander...
« on: March 16, 2012, 08:33:40 pm »

He's been in the hospital for days, starving and dehydrated. Nobody will bring him water. Finally, all the other patients are gone, and the guy who is helping all the patients? He has no other labors assigned except the doctor/medical labors, and he goes off to pen and pasture an animal? My chief medical dwarf goes to give water, and I think, yes, finally. He walks to the stairs and gives it to someone else. -_-" Anyone know any possible fixes for this? I tried burrowing, but no luck. They have access to water and buckets, so I don't know what the problem is.
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Absolute trolling of my poor militia commander...
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2012, 07:10:44 pm »

Feeding/giving water are very low priority jobs. Get rid of any jobs which could be impeding your healthcare, like the animals.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2012, 07:42:14 pm »

Burrow your CMD in a space containing only a path connecting buckets, a water source, and the patient. If he doesn't do his job, he dies. Oh well. Incidentally, doesn't having good mental attributes (focus, hardworking, etc.) make a medical dwarf more likely to do their job properly?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2012, 08:52:27 am »

The problem is,nobody will tend to him. They don't have any jobs, I have a bunch of idlers. Nobody will do anything now with him. :/
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2012, 11:15:00 am »

If you didn't already remove all the burrows, you should, but that doesn't seem to be the problem since other dwarfs get water. Make sure that you have enough buckets and that they are not filled with lye because of some bug.
Try deconstructing your militia commander's bed. Maybe that'll get their attention.

If nothing helps, do a little cave-in next to (not on!) the MC to injure him further. That could put him higher on the waiting list.

Incidentally, doesn't having good mental attributes (focus, hardworking, etc.) make a medical dwarf more likely to do their job properly?
High empathy is most important for a chief medical dwarf or the only thing he'll do is taking breaks. Seriously, make sure that he likes people or fire him.
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2012, 11:42:39 am »

It may be a good idea to upload save of this game to bugtracker: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=94 (it may help Toady in fixing this bug + increases change that he will fix this in current bugfixing round)
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.