Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cabochon Stockpile?  (Read 2155 times)

Gahagan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Cabochon Stockpile?
« on: March 17, 2012, 09:36:43 am »

I can't seem to find how to set up a stockpile to accept cabochons. Tried searching the forums and the wiki. Anyone have some pointers?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Cabochon Stockpile?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2012, 09:47:34 am »

Finished goods, gems.  Cabochon refers to a type of cut, specifically "rounded and polished" as opposed to "faceted and edged".

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2012, 11:35:39 am »

If the cabochons are traditional gemstones, you want a cut gem stockpile. Else I guess finished goods, gems might be your best bet for stone cabochons.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

AWdeV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2012, 12:55:32 pm »

They end up on gem piles.
Teenage Bearded Axelord Turtles
Teenage Bearded Axelord Turtles
Urists in a half shell (Turtle Power)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2012, 01:16:12 pm »

Rough, common stones will always be cut as cabochons. (I cut over 2000 of them recently. Not a single brilliant cut obsidian gem in the mix, despite the interesting effect that would have...)

So, create a stockpile for gems, go into its settings, and forbid everything that is considered a real gemstone material.

In your "gemstones only biatches!" Pile, do the inverse, and block rough stone gems.

With the exception of gemstone cabochons, which do happen, all the cabochons will be in the rough stone only gem pile.