Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I need a pre-generated world...  (Read 1627 times)

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
I need a pre-generated world...
« on: March 16, 2012, 07:57:30 pm »

For some mysterious reason, Dwarf Fortress always seems to crash for me when I try accepting a new world, and I have a hankerin' for some dwarf mode. Could someone kindly create a world with parameters that make it have an unreasonable amount of volcanoes and ore? And preferably another one with a large amount of megabeasts and vampire/were-curses and necromancers for some exciting adventure mode?

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I need a pre-generated world...
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 11:34:08 pm »

Anyone?

I'm so lonely...

rtg593

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 11:36:29 pm »

Lol, lately I've just been genning young pocket worlds. Gens fast, high fps, and very quick saves/loads. Have you tried that?

Otherwise, ya, I got nothing for ya :p
Is it because light travels faster than sound,
that people appear bright until you hear them speak?

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 11:44:26 pm »

Well, even with an end year of 2, the game crashed when I accepted it, so I'll still need those pre-generated worlds.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2012, 11:47:29 pm »

What mods would you want? 

I've been playing with my own mods, so you could download some of my worlds, but they'd be worlds with my own modded creatures in them.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2012, 11:48:24 pm »

What mods would you want? 

I've been playing with my own mods, so you could download some of my worlds, but they'd be worlds with my own modded creatures in them.

Like what? I'd be fine with some mods, but others are just way too hard for my level of DF expertise.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2012, 01:24:01 am »

I have a naga race mod and a mod that adds more options to glazing/pottery that I threw together.  They don't overly complicate things or up the difficulty.  (In fact, I'm a little worried that nagas are slightly too strong.)

I have a save up already from a world I generated and was exploring as an adventurer up as part of a bug report on clothing sizes not being proper in the generated towns. 
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=5833

You can just retire the adventurer and embark from there - there's regular, unmodded dwarves and nagas both that you can embark with. 

It's a pretty interesting world, as it has a huge goblin population in the south, where they outnumber other races and have a population of 10,000 goblins in a human-owned city

If you embark as the southern naga civ, you'll probably have a decent chance of getting some goblin historical migrants.

You'd probably want to download Phoebus's graphics pack (or one of the other graphics) for the full effect of the graphics pack, however. 
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2012, 04:00:51 pm »

I have a naga race mod and a mod that adds more options to glazing/pottery that I threw together.  They don't overly complicate things or up the difficulty.  (In fact, I'm a little worried that nagas are slightly too strong.)

I have a save up already from a world I generated and was exploring as an adventurer up as part of a bug report on clothing sizes not being proper in the generated towns. 
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=5833

You can just retire the adventurer and embark from there - there's regular, unmodded dwarves and nagas both that you can embark with. 

It's a pretty interesting world, as it has a huge goblin population in the south, where they outnumber other races and have a population of 10,000 goblins in a human-owned city

If you embark as the southern naga civ, you'll probably have a decent chance of getting some goblin historical migrants.

You'd probably want to download Phoebus's graphics pack (or one of the other graphics) for the full effect of the graphics pack, however.

I'd be fine with both of those mods. Now, we'll get down to the generating goodness. With lots of volcanoes. And ore.

Hotaru

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange foreigner fond of industry
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2012, 04:04:27 pm »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=104407.0

This thread has a playable save which contains a world that's pretty nice for adventure mode. With minor changes to civilizations to make adventuring more interesting :)
It's not exactly as you asked, but see if you're interested. It does have vampires, werecurses, much evil, and necromancy.
It is said knowledge is like a foul-smelling herb. It must be cooked well and thoroughly with experience to make it palatable. A young scholar's knowledge is therefore not only worthless but disgusting. -- In Dwarf Fortress you have another paradigm. Gather as much of that smelly herb as you can and toss it at your enemy, fracturing his skull through the +capybara man leather cap+.