Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Non-lavish meals  (Read 5532 times)

jellsprout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Non-lavish meals
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2012, 08:39:05 am »

For easy meals the cooks only need to collect 2 ingredients instead of the 4 ingredients for lavish meals, so I expect they gain experience a bit faster, especially if your kitchens and ingredient stockpiles are far away from each other.
"Having been equipped with tracking collars so their migration and survival in the wild can be measured, the young Sea Serpent is released into the wild.  It is hoped that this captive breeding program will boost their terribly low population numbers and eventually see them removed from the endangered species list..."

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2012, 08:41:19 am »

For easy meals the cooks only need to collect 2 ingredients instead of the 4 ingredients for lavish meals, so I expect they gain experience a bit faster, especially if your kitchens and ingredient stockpiles are far away from each other.

DF doesn't work like that, they could literally have been through hell to get the plump helmets, no more dxp :o

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2012, 08:46:07 am »

I think he just worded that very poorly.  He means "If the stockpiles are far away, the cook only has to run there twice instead of four times, so he's gaining exp twice as fast."

Mushroo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2012, 10:07:18 am »

Lately I've been cooking Easy Meals because the game is just too damn easy with Lavish Meals.

For extra challenge, use only low-value ingredients, like rock nut press cake biscuits [2].

This forces me to actually be frugal and decide what I want to buy from the traders instead of just buying it all with a few quarry leaf roasts...
Pages: 1 [2]