Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Weaponizing Goblin/Troll Body Parts?  (Read 735 times)

MenacesWithSpikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Weaponizing Goblin/Troll Body Parts?
« on: March 16, 2012, 03:05:14 am »

My fortress has a corridor full of nasty traps.  After each siege, a very large quantity of severed goblin/troll body parts is left over, to such an extent that my fortress of 220+ dwarves will be kept very busy hauling it all to the refuse pile/dump.

Ideally, I would like to find a way to weaponize all the invader body parts, but not involving undeath.  This particular fortress is a pre-necromancer version anyway.  (Ideally -- remember that siege in Lord of the Rings where the orcs used catapults to send the heads of their enemies over the city walls?  Like that, but in reverse -- catapult the head of the goblin general from the last siege at the invaders.)

Any suggestions on how to do this?  Mod the raws to have the game think of severed goblin heads as siege ammunitiion?
Quote from: Loud Whispers
Leave anything to chance, eventually the RNG will roll a 1 and everything will erupt in a fountain of magma and vomit.

NonconsensualSurgery

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Weaponizing Goblin/Troll Body Parts?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 03:23:28 am »

People have wished for corpse catapults for a long time.

You do have other options. Severed limbs rot to leave behind craftable bone. Set up multiple workshops going nonstop making goblin bone bolts, then fire them out of goblin bone crossbows at goblins.
Never had a bat massacre people with an axe before.
EDIT2: Oh god, the bat has got a title now.

Addict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Weaponizing Goblin/Troll Body Parts?
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 04:53:23 am »

People have wished for corpse catapults for a long time.

If its possible to mod, Menaces should mod it. Or another modder than.
Maybe even me if I have time.

some kind of conversion in the siege workshop. From body part - > body part "stone" - > load teh cadavehpults! (maybe a special option in the catapult menu.
Doesn't seem impossible.
The best choice of restraint is therefore a good strong metal chain. A high-quality chain will also let the prisoner admire it, giving him a boost to his happiness.