Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Survivability during Worldgen  (Read 790 times)

Zogundar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Survivability during Worldgen
« on: February 17, 2013, 05:20:20 pm »

Is there any way to make certain creatures less.. susceptible to being killed during worldgen?

In past versions it seemed like I was able to influence this to a degree and create low population super beings that were almost as dangerous during worldgen as in the game.

Now they get killed off in a few years by any peon that wants a shot at the title belt. Even if they are unkillable by any number of enemies in the Arena.

I think as it is now, even an Undead Giant Sponge could be killed in a simple duel with a kobold as long as it takes place during worldgen. :/
Rogan?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Survivability during Worldgen
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 01:30:04 pm »

Give them ridiculous sizes.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

dirkdragonslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder, Proficient Failure
    • View Profile
Re: Survivability during Worldgen
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 07:03:43 pm »

yea, kobolds do get very lucky. one day, their stealing a rotten dog corpse, the next, they have a lucky knife stab to your commander's brains. give them firebreath and venom, and a huge size to make them survive!
"Games come and go, and we all get tired of some games after time, but Dwarf Fortress seems to grab me by the leg every couple months and drags me back with it's bloody, ASCII claw. I think this game has given me Stockholm syndrome, but I love it so, and it's simplistic style yet extremely complex mechanics are like fine art, like a beautifully crafted ☼Cave Spider Silk Sock☼" - Dirk 3/31/2014
TAIL SHOOOOES!