Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ages (34.05)  (Read 897 times)

LoneTophat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Ages (34.05)
« on: March 12, 2012, 05:48:09 pm »

I'm finding the age of legends before year 200 in most cases in world gen. I've tried lowering the civs and sites in a medium sized and then small world.
Can someone tell me some good basic option choices for a world with lots of baddies for my adventurer to cut down but still built up?
What's causing the age changes for quickly? Is there a fix for this?

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
Re: Ages (34.05)
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 07:09:37 pm »

I don't know why you'd be hurting for more random crap out there to kill, but if you want, you can go and make dragons larger and stronger, make them hit adult age faster (like 100 years instead of 1000), and add more max megabeasts and semimegabeasts to begin with.

Age of Legends is hardly a bad thing, anyway, as it's talking about a percentage of total mythical creatures cut down, and that include more mundane things like minotaurs getting axed. 

Just up the overall number of creatures generated in worldgen, and you'll have plenty more things to hunt.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Lord_Phoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 07:17:24 pm »

A lot of megabeasts and a few titans.  Set megabeasts to 50 and titans to 10 and try.  If that doesn't stay in myth for a while, up the megabeasts to 100 and see if the civs can still grow to a reasonable level without getting eaten.  A good level of megabeasts will have the world usually stay at about 400 living historical figures until a few megabeasts are killed off, and then it will grow up to 2000-3000 living historical figures (I've noticed you gain about a hundred people that manage to stay alive longer for each megabeast killed) and stay around there for several hundred years.

LoneTophat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 07:44:11 pm »

I was speaking purely about the most basic options. Medium world year 250. Good settings for difficult world that's built up?