Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Strange problem with unwanted nudity...  (Read 2908 times)

HySh777

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Strange problem with unwanted nudity...
« on: March 09, 2012, 08:22:50 pm »

I've began modding, but I'm a bit concerned. In any given town, in any given world (I've genned three) anywhere from 35-85% of the population is totally and utterly nude. This includes quite a few bandits (bow-less elite bowman is completely ineffective against my spear, for example). But... I don't get it. At all. The people that are affected have no weapons or armor to speak of. This spreads to Fortress mode, and even civilized Adventurers will start completely nude with only a copper spear and large copper dagger, similar to how an outsider starts. This happens regardless of weapon/armor/shield skill. i.e. Swordsman starts out with a spear.

So my question is... What in the WORLD did I do wrong?

I didn't touch the entity_default file or any of the item files. So I'm finding this quite bizarre.

Anything obvious I may be missing? I've tried troubleshooting, and I'm getting nowhere.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 08:36:05 pm by HySh777 »

slink

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Cat Dwarf
    • View Profile
    • Slink's Burrow Online
Re: Strange problem with unwanted nudity...
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 08:39:36 pm »

Which files/things did you modify?
There is only one cat, and all cats are that cat.
Almost losing is sometimes fun.

HySh777

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 08:48:34 pm »

I added quite a few things, but the only thing that I remember modifying was removing the dragon from creature_standard into its own file, so I could tweak it a bit.

I did up making an entity out of dragons... I wonder if there's a quirk there that I might have missed... I still don't understand why the base civs (humans, elves, dwarves, goblins, kobolds) are nude.

Blakmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 09:45:13 pm »

It's very difficult to troubleshoot modding errors, especially for us who have no idea what you've changed. Probably there is an error hiding somewhere in your code which is screwing up the entity generation process. If you can't remember exactly what is different I would suggest this course of action:

1) check your errorlog

2)  My bet is that you have an error in your dragon entity which is screwing up entity generation more generally. I would try to removing that one first and gen a new world to see if the problem persists. If you can't pin it down that easily, go to step 3

3) install a fresh DF and generate a pocket world which will (presumably) run fine

3) one at a time where possible, copy your modified/new raws into the fresh DF and generate a pocket world to confirm the error isn't there. When it appears you will know which file contains the error. Then it is just a matter of pinning down your error.

HySh777

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2012, 10:10:23 pm »

Yeah. I know I was a bit scant on information. I would've given more if I had it. And there's nothing in the errorlog (forgot to mention that).

I'm planning on removing the dragon entity, as there are natural problems... Like not being able to open doors. Or equip weapons. So yeah.

Honestly, I was hoping there was something obvious/not so obvious thing that I missed, that somebody else encountered. I'll update in a bit.

EDIT:

Just removing the Dragon civilization didn't work. I'm a bit suspicious of one thing... Lemme check Legends.

Okay, I think I seriously screwed up worldgen... Not a single dragon is genning now.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 10:43:32 pm by HySh777 »

Blakmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2012, 10:46:21 pm »

Sorry I couldn't help more specifically :-(. DF can be very hard to troubleshoot because it doesn't always react predictably to errors. I've never encountered your problem personally.

HySh777

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2012, 11:19:44 pm »

Great. Now I'm conflicted, as I just genned another world, and dragons show up. I think the first may have been a fluke.

Still have this freaking nudity problem. ._. I seriously don't get it...

I had a curious thought.

Maybe it's gender related...

Don't know why that popped into my head. But I'm right. All of the females are nude. Males are fine. Now. What the freak did I screw up... O.o
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 11:22:15 pm by HySh777 »

Phynhas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2012, 12:56:47 am »

Great. Now I'm conflicted, as I just genned another world, and dragons show up. I think the first may have been a fluke.

Still have this freaking nudity problem. ._. I seriously don't get it...

I had a curious thought.

Maybe it's gender related...

Don't know why that popped into my head. But I'm right. All of the females are nude. Males are fine. Now. What the freak did I screw up... O.o

You made a mod where you can play as a dragon, and all the ladies are nekkid?  I like the cut of your jib, sir.

Rhenaya

• Bay Watcher
  • Usstan tlun natha hargluk ssinssriggin ilythiiri!
    • View Profile
    • X-Fire Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2012, 10:48:01 am »

well there still is the thing: WHAT THE HECK DOES ERRORLOG SAY? :x
User Profile: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/User:Rhenaya
Mods: http://dffd.wimbli.com/who.php?id=554

From "Angroshs Kinder" Das schwarze Auge Zwergenhandbuch - (Angrosh Children, the dark eye, german pen&paper, dwarven handbook):
"Elves!? Their men dont wear beards, and their women bathe nacked to lure you into the water and drown you. Thank Angrosh they are as ugly as the day and all big and skinny."