Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Empty Volcano  (Read 1698 times)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: Empty Volcano
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2012, 06:55:07 pm »

Only downside is no cotton candy, but I rely on that too much sometimes anyway.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

silverskull39

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Empty Volcano
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2012, 07:19:50 pm »

upped the volcanism in my settings a bit and got this beauty.

Yes, you're seeing that right. One (mostly) empty volcano and four magma pools, with one starting from the first cavern layer, one in the second, and two in the third.
sorry about the crappy picture, I had to stretch and zoom the screen funky just to get them all in view. This isn't normal is it? I've never gotten more than two magma pools in an embark, and that rarely and not with a volcano too... There's plenty of room in the caverns, but the top is mostly mountain, so it's all sloped, which I don't usually like (give me a sheer cliff face or a flat grassland/desert any day, but slopes become a pain to designate across z-levels IMO), although on the plus side there's plenty of z-levels.

Dwarf fortress threads can sound so.... unethical
it would be unethical if this wasn't the bay12 forums
Bay12: A short, sturdy forum fond of !!science!! and derailment.
Now back to your regularly scheduled thread derailment.
Pages: 1 [2]