Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Trappers get so sleepy  (Read 804 times)

Angela Christine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Trappers get so sleepy
« on: October 19, 2006, 01:17:00 am »

I've noticed that my hunters often have unhappy thoughts about having slept in the dirt, in the mud, in the grass, on a cave floor, and other unfortunate places.  These guys sleep everywhere, except their beds apparently.  Other dwarves occasionally sleep in odd spots, but Trappers seem to do it often.  I figured maybe they get sleepy wandering around looking for things to hunt, and are just too tired to walk back to their rooms.  So I tried assigning them to the bedrooms nearest the entrance, but it didn't help.  I tried building small barracks in niches near the top and bottom of the map, but no dice.  The trappers weren't interested in my emergency barracks, (miners, mechanics, peasants and others would occasionally leave the fortress and walk all the way around to use them, but I never saw a Trapper bother with them).  

Am I missing something?  If sleeping outside makes them unhappy, why won't they go home and sleep in their nice snug beds?

Silleh Boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Trappers get so sleepy
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2006, 04:48:00 am »

drown them.

it's the solution to all your problems.

well, except aquatic creatures.

seriously though, the only thing that i can think of that may be of any help, is checking to see if he has military preferences that would make him sleep on the floor.

Seryntas

• Bay Watcher
  • has created a masterpiece!
    • View Profile
    • RPGWW Forums
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2006, 07:03:00 am »

Sometimes, when a trapper gets tired, he'll go off to sleep, but get interrupted by the very animals he was hunting and have to cancel the "Sleep" job.  Sometimes he'll find a way back to the fortress anyway (in rare cases a trapper will kill the offender, usually only if his life is in danger), but most times they cancel and regain their Sleep job in a loop until they get too tired to stand.
"Nectar and ambrosia are all the gods are allowed to eat in Greek mythology. In that way they're kind of like pandas. You know, in diet. From there the similarities break down." -my Greek Lit TA

psychologicalshock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2006, 10:31:00 am »

When they got sappy on me I just assigned them all to a military squad and had them patrol the area where they used to hunt actively attacking dangerous animals (It's in the squad screen.). Course by that time I had 300 of meat and 300 of plant, but then again the bodies are collected by peasants. That and if you want a good food source breed all 4 types of animals and butcher them ,dogs and cats are best.