Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Are/When are Mountain Halls, Forest Retreats, Goblin Fortresses coming back?  (Read 2081 times)

lifehole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just a quick question if they are in the game yet, and if they aren't, are they planned to be added? Also if I am correct Caves have been removed. I honestly don't see much point in playing adventure mode if human-like civs are the only possible civs to explore.

Tho it has been getting better with the addition of cities, temples are back, etc. But that is just expanding on human civ-types more. Are mountain halls, retreats, and fortresses and enterable caverns planned to come back?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile

caves have not been removed, just people don't really talk about them in Adventure mode, you can turn on show all caves in the design world gen section.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

lifehole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

caves have not been removed, just people don't really talk about them in Adventure mode, you can turn on show all caves in the design world gen section.

I know, which I do. But whenever I go to the location of the caves, I just see a tall stump/mountain.

TheLinguist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I know, which I do. But whenever I go to the location of the caves, I just see a tall stump/mountain.

The cave entrance is well-hidden. If you wander around, up and down the sides of that mound, eventually you should see a narrow passage, that'll eventually lead you down into the caverns (or at least, that's where I wound up both times I found a cave).

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile

yea the mound has the entrance woven into it, the easyest way to find it is to embark on it with some dwarfs, i built a tower on top of one once but it wasn't that great and it was when loot still scattered so it was useless anyways.

but yea what they said, look all over the mound you will find an entrance.

also i doubt toady would remove mountainhomes, it just wouldn't be dwarf fortress without dwarfs, don't worry man, they will all be redone some time, just gotta be patient till then.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 06:31:34 am by Xotano »
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

malvado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It would be nice though if he made it possible for us to make our own placeholders until he can make a fix.
Or allow the use of the old ones, which I found interesting.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile

You can replace the raws so they live in cities.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v