Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Literrally ripping the clothes off Merchants / Traders / Caravan Guards / Liason  (Read 6418 times)

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Does this create "absolutely batshit crazy trade balance" out of thin air? If so, does dumping the caravan again to get the gems still count the retardedly high trade balance when they leave?

This could create exponentially huge caravans without producing a damn thing!
The conventional wisdom about this, is that the exported/imported wealth is related to the items that leave/enter the map...

So if a caravan enters with 10,000 value worth of goods and leaves with only 10 value worth, the next caravan should be smaller in value because they got ripped off.
if they leave with more then the next caravan would be more valuable and so on...

Callista

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hehe, yeah, I do this to the elf caravans just on principle. Then I sell them elf tallow roasts and pitchblende crafts in exchange for all their stuff, and they go off happy. There are enough goblin raids to kill the elf caravan off every once in a while, supplying us all with more elf meat, and the cycle of naked elves carrying elf roasts continues...

(Yeah, I've modded the dwarves to be able to butcher sentients.)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]