Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Population limit  (Read 1843 times)

orrey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Population limit
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2012, 05:19:26 pm »

I haven't noticed it ignoring the limit whatsoever...

How it functions in my experience is if your fortress is acknowledged as under the limit, a migrant wave will be generated and head to you after an amount of time. The size of the wave doesn't seem to correlate with the amount of dwarves below cap you are, you could be one under and get a wave of 20.

Callista

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2012, 05:21:49 pm »

100, usually. That ends me up with less than 150 dwarves, what with the babies and the size of the last year's migration waves after reaching 100 population. Quite manageable.

Less, if I'm going to be doing anything that eats FPS.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2012, 05:57:14 am »

I haven't noticed it ignoring the limit whatsoever...

How it functions in my experience is if your fortress is acknowledged as under the limit, a migrant wave will be generated and head to you after an amount of time. The size of the wave doesn't seem to correlate with the amount of dwarves below cap you are, you could be one under and get a wave of 20.

This isn't what I mean. The population cap ignores the fact that you are already over the stated limit, and this excludes children.

It used to work exactly as you say, but my current fort of 55 (11 over my cap) still receives regular migrant waves, which I have been killing off.
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

gzoker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2012, 06:21:15 am »

You have to restart the game for any changes in the init files to take effect.
Active Interactions: RAIDER_MADNESS

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2012, 09:12:21 am »

Yes, that's correct. The limit was set before I embarked.
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.
Pages: 1 [2]