Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: Confession: I think vampires are a terrible addition  (Read 21299 times)

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
Re: Confession: I think vampires are a terrible addition
« Reply #120 on: March 07, 2012, 04:44:08 pm »

Is it wrong that I laughed at that picture? He even added goatse over the eyes.
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

slink

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Cat Dwarf
    • View Profile
    • Slink's Burrow Online
It's Good to Be King
« Reply #121 on: March 07, 2012, 04:45:49 pm »

Here's an example of the fascinating history that vampires can create, as well as the ridiculous number of kills they can have in one location if they live there long enough.

Avuz Autumnalkeys (a Dwarf) was one of the first of his kind.  He was king of his civilization.  In the year 7 he became obsessed with his own mortality and sought to extend his life by any means.  Obviously he was on track to becoming a necromancer, but failed to do so before he made the mistake of profaning the temple in his capitol in the year 99.  He became a vampire in that year.  By the year 1051, he had 37,892 kills.  That is a little over three per month, or 0.8 per week.  So guessing that he fed once per week, with the occasional missed meal. 

33,415 of those were Dwarves living in his capitol.  265 were Humans living in his capitol.  2,599 were goblins living in his capitol.  The other 1,613 were scattered in other settlements belonging to his civilization. 

The population of his capitol as of 1051 is as follows.

2247 dwarves
31 goblins
545 dogs
50 horses
545 ducks

Imagine if you played under this civilization, and got the King to come to your fortress.   :o

Edit:  Out of eight Dwarven civilization in this world, only two are ruled by normal Dwarves.  One of those is widowed and childless.

Road of Conjunctions Avuz Autumnalketys, king from year 1, Dwarven vampire with 37,892 kills
The Dye of Burying -shrir Bronzefortress, king from year 1, Dwarven vampire with 37,059 kills
The Rim of Pearls Dobar Ledcobalt, normal Goblin
The Perplexing Mansion -shrir Healgorges, normal Dwarf, wife and children alive
The Machine of Anquishing Asmel Temptedfortresses, king from year 1, Dwarven vampire with 38,550 kills
The Gleeful Pages Bim Romancedgirders, normal Dwarf, wife and son died
The Lenses of Taming Sazir Knightlabor, Goblin vampire with 5,625 kills
The Climactic Gates Deler Arrowfortress, Dwarven vampire with 23,176 kills
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 05:06:09 pm by slink »
There is only one cat, and all cats are that cat.
Almost losing is sometimes fun.

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 08, 2012, 12:09:15 pm »

You'd think that after a thousand years or so, the people would notice that there's something odd about their king.
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

zehive

• Bay Watcher
  • [DRAGONFIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 08, 2012, 01:58:04 pm »

Vampires are completely believeable. Calling DF low fantasy means calling Lord of the Rings ultra realist, friggin Narnia is now detroit. Now excuse me, I'm going to go ride my completely believable Hydra to work down a lane comprised completely of goblins and mystical beasts of yore, to the small wooden cage where I work training dragons to kill unicorns and the elves that ride them.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 02:00:29 pm by zehive »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]