Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Elf Slaves for Saant  (Read 446 times)

gzoker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Elf Slaves for Saant
« on: March 07, 2012, 07:03:21 am »

I'm playing around in legends mode (with Legends Viewer), and i have found out that one of the dwarven civilizations has humans and elves in its population. Does this mean they will come to my fortress in fortress mode? If yes, will they work, or will they just stand on the edge of the map?
I want to create a nice little camp for them. Somewhere near a glowing pit.
Active Interactions: RAIDER_MADNESS

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
Re: Elf Slaves for Saant
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 07:12:37 am »

I'm pretty sure they can migrate to your fort and work the same as Dwarves. Although you could use the Elves and Humans to ensure your Dwarves never have to visit the surface again. I don't think they get cave adaptation.
*Hugs*

Rollory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elf Slaves for Saant
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 07:15:48 am »

I wish.  It may be possible for the liason and/or the monarch to be non-dwarves.  All other immigrants appear to be dwarves.

After a lot of messing around with Pocket worlds I had one where the dwarf civ's entire population was elves (they had conquered an elf town early on and then fought a long war), including the queen.  Tried embarking.  All immigrants were dwarves, created from scratch instead of historical figures.  I haven't played it to the point of becoming the capital yet, was too disappointed.

One interesting thing was that this civ didn't have anvils available.  Which made my starter picks pretty valuable.