Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tower neighbor  (Read 4856 times)

agatharchides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tower neighbor
« on: February 20, 2012, 07:43:45 pm »

I don't know if anyone else has brought this to the forum's attention, but I couldn't find it.

I would guess this influences if you necromancer attacks and such, but I haven't done any testing.

Memento Mori

Manveru Taurënér

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tower neighbor
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 07:46:44 pm »

Yup, having a necromancer tower nearby means you'll every now and then have necromancers come, along with some zombies, to assault your fortress. They'll also raise any corpses or remains left around accessible to the necromancer.

Muffindog

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the aspect of one fey
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 08:38:15 pm »

The necromancer will siege you one in a while. You'll get a warning about undead to hide while you can. He can bring even 50-100 or even more corpses, and will always raise them if they're not destroyed. He'll even make your own refuse stockpile kill your dwarves!

My siege ended when the necromancer left the map, but the undead remained just to stand there. Even with them, the siege will be lifted.

So yeah, embarking near a tower is nasty !!FUN!!

NTJedi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 12:44:41 am »

I've been trying to find two towers within one square or any two special locations within one square, but so far no luck.

Electronic Phantom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2012, 01:20:49 pm »

Starting a fortress in a haunted or terrifying zone has approximatly the same effect as starting a fortress near a tower.  Only, your refuse pile is *active* all the time instead of only when the necromancer shows up.  That and zombie corpses and the like tend to parade around the map (playing follow the leader, interestingly enough, when they aren't butchering your dwarves horribly) at inconvenient times.

My current fortress is in a haunted zone and I made the mistake of going a few years without making a refuse pile.  So when I did, I suddenly had a nearly constant flow of zombie mussels floating around the fortress until my military dwarves could put them down.  In my opinion, the zombie mussles are pretty broken.  I trained two dwarves from dabbling to expert in a little under a season by just have them smash zombie mussles.